N64 emulator for Vita

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by hehk1234, Aug 24, 2018.

1. hehk1234
    OP

hehk1234 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 30, 2018
    United Kingdom
    With full unlocked vita, what's happens with emulation about N64 ? Vita have decent hardware to give for us good emulation, But I don't understand why nobody interest to build it :/. For PSP with low hardware, it can gives little good emulation (with buggy sounds or glitch graphics, but runs). Please someone give this retro for us.

2. SCOTT0852

SCOTT0852 Kid now, squid now

Jan 20, 2018
    United States
    The Vita was basically dead on arrival everywhere other than Japan, nobody is going to make a completely new emulator for it. It's in a similar situation to the Wii U, where you can run all the emulators from the previous system, but to take advantage of the current hardware there's only Retroarch.

3. hehk1234
    OP

hehk1234 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 30, 2018
    United Kingdom
    what's happen with retroarch ? I remember last year, they was build n64 emulator for vita, since I don't see any news anymore.

4. lifeofmikey

lifeofmikey Member

Newcomer
    Mar 3, 2018
    United States
    how about deadalus

5. gman666

gman666 Cubicle Expert

Jun 4, 2011
    United States
    a cubicle
    Something about the Vita's Graphics API being too complex and niche. Not much interest and lack of developers that are willing to make an n64 emulator using the Vita's API. It's not so much power that is holding the Vita back, but the standards and modernization of current GPU hardware. From my understanding, you would have to develop an n64 emulator specifically for the PSVita, and not many people are willing to do that for such a small audience.

Last edited by gman666, Aug 25, 2018
  6. Thekenbaum

Thekenbaum Member

Newcomer
    Jul 27, 2018
    United States
    Yeah, on top of that; SNES emulation for games with special chips in them still have problems with Retroarch on the vita. I'm no expert; but I imagine that SNES chip games are easier to emulate then N64 games, right?
    if the N64 did get an emulator; I'd imagine it wouldn't be that great. Probably like Daedalus but slightly faster and maybe more stable, maybe.

7. hehk1234
    OP

hehk1234 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 30, 2018
    United Kingdom
    maybe I'm wrong, but I don't believe if is impossible to give good emulation for vita on n64, we just need someone with high skill level to do that, I see one guy from retroarch begins to worked on n64 last year, but I don't see any feedbacks anymore.... :/

8. jakecore

jakecore Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 22, 2018
    United States
    good to see that with the vita being hacked this long we still haven't gotten proper emulation on it. :nayps3:

9. greggameplayer

greggameplayer Member

Newcomer
    Mar 15, 2018
    France
  10. Song of storms

Song of storms GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 18, 2018
    Antarctica
    I'm interested in this too. Maybe I can dust off the console and play some Doom 64.

11. greggameplayer

greggameplayer Member

Newcomer
    Mar 15, 2018
    France
    Yeah and now with the update from couples of days games are generally running pretty good