n64 emu

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by Jerme, Sep 3, 2008.

Sep 3, 2008

n64 emu by Jerme at 5:41 AM (968 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Jerme
    OP

Banned Jerme Banned

United States
    can it load donkey kong 64?

2. DeMoN

Member DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    Loads? Yes. Playable? That depends on your definition of playable.

3. Jerme
    OP

Banned Jerme Banned

United States
    does it really load but then is it just a black screen?

4. Sstew

Member Sstew GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.

United States
    So far, I've gotten Super Mario 64, Pretty close to full speed, and Super Smash Bros 64 Close to Full speed, Goldeneye 007 doesnt load, I dont think Donkey Kong 64 does I can check though

5. roguetrip

Member roguetrip GBAtemp Fan

United States
    DK64 w/ expansion pack was slow a shit on the N64, I bought it and found it out the hard way, looks like 10fps all the time!

6. Originality

Member Originality Chibi-neko

United Kingdom
    On N64, I couldn't play DK64 without the expansion pack, but with it in, it played just as fast as any other game I've ever played. However when I tried playing Super Smash Bros with it in, it slowed down worse than any of my computers ever have over the years. Putting the original memory back in fixed that though, and it was fun playing retro SSB.

Daedalus (the N64 emulator for PSP) can get some games to work remarkably well. Last I checked, they were trying to stop sound emulation from slowing down the graphics emulation. For Mario, it works pretty well, since it's one of their primary test games. For many games though, it still has a long way to go. For DK64 though, since it required the expansion pack, I will not work. Same with Banjo-tootie, Zelda: Majora's Mask, etc. For a list, see http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=58500.

Btw, the latest version is R-13, although there has been no news on R-14's development since December. I'm among those who thinks StrmnNrmn quit. Still, the work he has done so far has been pretty amazing.