N64 Controller on Wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by EnigmaXtreme, Jan 17, 2012.

Jan 17, 2012

N64 Controller on Wii by EnigmaXtreme at 11:54 PM (1,022 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. EnigmaXtreme
    OP

Member EnigmaXtreme GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    Does anyone know where i can find a cable to plug my N64 controller into my Wii's Gamecube slots? i've been looking on ebay and they havent been much help

2. bladepwnedyou

Member bladepwnedyou GBAtemp Regular

United States
    http://www.raphnet-tech.com/products/n64_to_wii/index.php

Go there. I can confirm that it works because i have one myself.
    Allows you to customist the controls on it depending on what buttons you hold on start up.

3. Foxi4

Reporter Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip
    Poland
    You'll save yourself alot of cramps if you just get the far superior GameCube pad. Remember that the N64 contoller has only one analog thumbstick and if you map the second one on the standart yellow buttons, you'll end up being either short of buttons or short of triggers as there are no Y/X buttons on it.

Not only that, the GameCube pad is also superior when it comes to sheer comfort of using it. I will never understand what were they thinking when while designing the N64 pad they put three triggers on three different parts of the pad, as if humans had three hands. Sure enough it looks awesome, but it's not really pleasant to use as you will always be a bit too far from one of the triggers.

4. EnigmaXtreme
    OP

Member EnigmaXtreme GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    I'm wanting to use this for VC games obviously. Sure the GC games are fine but N64 games were designed for the N64 controller