The_Monado_Satyr

OP
Trophies
Website
linktr.ee
XP
Country
United States
I saved up enough money and bought a Fates New 3ds xl after finally more or less killed my old N3dsxl during repair, transferred everything then added CFW and like my old one the screen flickers when turning it on. thought it was the flex cables but due to 2 things I don't think so its the cables.

1. Being my old one before dying stopped doing it after I formatted the system

2. Is I paid 900 usd up the fucking ass to make sure it was new, and sure enough it was. Turned it on and off a few times in case there was anything wrong with it, and it only started after adding luma CFW.

So I'm not really sure what to do. There's threads here saying it has to do with splashes and ips screens ( The fates has two) and it uninstalled my splashes and reset and it actually varies from being fine to a mildly annoying flicker on both screens.

Did I do something wrong during installing the CFW firmware? I've installed CFW on a few systems following the 3ds hacks guide and its only been mine that have this problem. My old one had only a top ips screen that would flicker.

Did I mess up on the CFW or am I just unlucky?

b3xkuukomhc81.jpg
eeqsp51zidd81.jpg

• Love
Reactions: SylverReZ

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I saved up enough money and bought a Fates New 3ds xl after finally more or less killed my old N3dsxl during repair, transferred everything then added CFW and like my old one the screen flickers when turning it on. thought it was the flex cables but due to 2 things I don't think so its the cables.

2. Is I paid 900 usd up the fucking ass to make sure it was new, and sure enough it was. Turned it on and off a few times in case there was anything wrong with it, and it only started after adding luma CFW.

So I'm not really sure what to do. There's threads here saying it has to do with splashes and ips screens ( The fates has two) and it uninstalled my splashes and reset and it actually varies from being fine to a mildly annoying flicker on both screens.

Did I do something wrong during installing the CFW firmware? I've installed CFW on a few systems following the 3ds hacks guide and its only been mine that have this problem. My old one had only a top ips screen that would flicker.

View attachment 294992View attachment 294993
Well. for one. Sounds like you got royally screwed for paying 900$ for that thing.

The_Monado_Satyr

OP
Trophies
Website
linktr.ee
XP
Country
United States
Well. for one. Sounds like you got royally screwed for paying 900$ for that thing.
Yeah, not too happy about that. Tried returning it after it arrived and I sent a return to the seller they more or less said "fuck you and dipped". To be honest i actually love it It's my 4th system i bought for myself and a Favorite next to me pc, series S.

The old Frankenstein system finally gave out after having to replace the D-pad, which led to the Circle pad to have to re-seated and while doing both of those i somehow broke the main flex cable for the home button and ripped the flex cables for the shoulder buttons. Not really sure how bc I'm not too bad at repairing but bit the bullet and just bought one i wanted and that had to be in good condition.

edit: forgot to proofread
p.s long time no see. also my family calls it a 900$ ds as a joke while I call it 900$ Oreo

Reactions: SylverReZ

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom

View attachment 294992View attachment 294993
Looks really cool.

Reactions: The_Monado_Satyr

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Something I noticed on my N3DS XL Capture Card 3DS, If I want to use theme, I enable game patching, the screen would flicker, I need to cycle it few time before it get back to normal.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Que dices?