Hardware N3DS XL quality doubt?

Death78793

What is this, a first person shooter?
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey everyone!

About a week ago, I purchased a new 3DS XL and I am loving it. About a half hour after I bought it, I felt worried about it dropping to the floor or something so I bought a carrying case for it (it was made for the original 3DS XL but the cashier advised me to try it on because no new 3DS XL case had arrived yet), and surprisingly it fit really well. Going a bit on topic, I've seen numerous threads popping up (here and on other forums) complaining about dead pixels, glitches in games and overall cases of dubious quality issues on it. Have you had any problems with yours? Do you believe it's just a "first batch" issue?

Septimo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Personally I haven't had any issues with N3DS XL, and I've had it for about a week now. I honestly don't feel like the build or overall quality is any worse than my old 3DSLL. If anything, I feel it's more sturdy and I like the way the hinges feel. For the record, dead pixels are a given in any device with a screen and to this day there are issues with Old 3DS' concerning dead pixels. It doesn't seem as prevalent when there are tens of millions of units compared to hundreds of thousands of N3DS'. Luckily I haven't had an issue with the 3 3DS units I own. As for glitches, I've only played Fantasy Life and used the browser for the most part, so I wouldn't know about that. I wouldn't worry.

Death78793

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Personally I haven't had any issues with N3DS XL, and I've had it for about a week now. I honestly don't feel like the build or overall quality is any worse than my old 3DSLL. If anything, I feel it's more sturdy and I like the way the hinges feel. For the record, dead pixels are a given in any device with a screen and to this day there are issues with Old 3DS' concerning dead pixels. It doesn't seem as prevalent when there are tens of millions of units compared to hundreds of thousands of N3DS'. Luckily I haven't had an issue with the 3 3DS units I own. As for glitches, I've only played Fantasy Life and used the browser for the most part, so I wouldn't know about that. I wouldn't worry.

Thanks for your answer! I've been loving mine and mine feels really sturdy too, even sturdier than my 2DS which has actually taken a beating (My little nephew uses it and well, you know how some kids treat consoles). I've been taking real good care of it so I might just be really cautious. I just hope nothing bad happens to it because I got a red N3DS XL from the "good" batch with 9.0 installed.

Septimo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for your answer! I've been loving mine and mine feels really sturdy too, even sturdier than my 2DS which has actually taken a beating (My little nephew uses it and well, you know how some kids treat consoles). I've been taking real good care of it so I might just be really cautious. I just hope nothing bad happens to it because I got a red N3DS XL from the "good" batch with 9.0 installed.

You're welcome!

Yeah, personally I have a Black N3DS XL with 9.0, too. I have a case coming in today, too. I was waiting for Gateway, but KARL3DS has been making great strides, it seems. I just got a copy of Cubic Ninja, so I'm ready for anything at this point.

Anyway, :yay:

Death78793

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
You're welcome!

Yeah, personally I have a Black N3DS XL with 9.0, too. I have a case coming in today, too. I was waiting for Gateway, but KARL3DS has been making great strides, it seems. I just got a copy of Cubic Ninja, so I'm ready for anything at this point.

Anyway, :yay:

I know, right? I was kinda thinking if my N3DS XL had 9.4+, I'd just use it for legit games and such, but now I'm rooting for KARL3DS, fortunately I bought cubic ninja the same moment it got announced, for the low low price of $2 XD

Reactions: Septimo

Hammyface

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hate the glossy finish on the N3DSXL. It's gross. I'd much prefer a matte finish.

My upper screen on my N3DSXL had a multiplexing issue. This is where you see faint lines in certain colors when moving the console. This was typically fixed in GBA->Dsi with a potentiometer adjustment, but no such option on the N3DSXL.

Promptly returned it and am enjoying my black 3DS XL (not-New) much more. Only thing I miss is the better 3-d and the WAY louder speakers.

Death78793

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I hate the glossy finish on the N3DSXL. It's gross. I'd much prefer a matte finish.

My upper screen on my N3DSXL had a multiplexing issue. This is where you see faint lines in certain colors when moving the console. This was typically fixed in GBA->Dsi with a potentiometer adjustment, but no such option on the N3DSXL.

Promptly returned it and am enjoying my black 3DS XL (not-New) much more. Only thing I miss is the better 3-d and the WAY louder speakers.

I hate that it attracts fingerprints like crazy
I even thought about playing with gloves/a towel between my fingers and the 3DS

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night