N3DS XL HardMod Failure, No lights?

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by mrkurtcobain, Mar 12, 2016.

1. mrkurtcobain
    OP

mrkurtcobain GBAtemp Regular

Mar 1, 2016
    United States
    I am having an issue, I hard modded and when booting no lights appear, unless I put a battery in it and plug it in, then the charging light shows up, and if I push the power button it flashes red for like 1 ms really faintly. So I removed all of the mod and tried to boot it again, still though, the issue persists. Can someone please explain what is messed up. I've checked for splatter/shorts, all of the ribbons are plugged in and secure, the battery is secured, all of the wires are properly connected. I cant seem to figure it out. I didn't plug it into the USB power so it shouldn't of shorted anything.
    :ohnoes::angry::ohnoes::angry::ohnoes::sad::sad::sad::sad::cry::cry::cry::cry:

2. Xenon Hacks

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
    You know what would really help? Pictures of you work not taken by a potato :)

3. yacepi15

yacepi15 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 15, 2015
    Antarctica
    EDIT: I didnt read a thing. Sorry.

4. Sasori

Sasori GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 28, 2015
    United States
    Please post photos of your soldering. Without some finding the issue is like finding a needle in a haystack

5. mitroux

mitroux GBAtemp Regular

Sep 12, 2007
    Macau
    either your batter is empty or you plugged the battery in reverse
    for first one , keep your battery on charge for like5-10 mins then power it on
    for 2nd , you may need another daughter board to check the damage

6. yacepi15

yacepi15 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 15, 2015
    Antarctica
    Check if the CLK point its OK. It probably doesnt work properly.