Hacking n3DS wont boot after A9LH update

MiePx3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey guys,
im having a probleme here. I updated my A9LH with the latest payload_stage1/2 from here: BootCTR9 - Github using SafeA9LHupdater.

Now the n3DS wont boot. I compiled delebile and hartmannaf forks, but neither of them seems to work.
It simpy shuts down with SD inserted. Without SD it stays on with two black screens.

Any ideas?

MiePx3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yeah, of course it is!
I tried delebile's and BootCTR9's with arm9loaderhax. Nothing

I also tried to make a folder called arm9loaderhax and put the files in there. No use :/

Last edited by MiePx3,

MiePx3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well. I downloaded the latest commits of delebils and hardmannaf forks and compilled them. And tried the latest releases they did themsleves.
I tried putting both of them on the sd card (not at the same time) and started it. Blue light on and off again. Like it didnt found arm9loaderhax.bin.

I should stop updating things with the lateset bleeding edge commit. Maybe the name for the payload changed? Ill look into the code a bit.
Code:
        [...]
	loadAndRunPayload("arm9loaderhax/arm9bootloader.bin", BOOTLOADER_PAYLOAD_ADDRESS);
	loadAndRunPayload("a9lh/arm9bootloader.bin", BOOTLOADER_PAYLOAD_ADDRESS);
	loadAndRunPayload("arm9bootloader/arm9bootloader.bin", BOOTLOADER_PAYLOAD_ADDRESS);
	loadAndRunPayload("arm9bootloader.bin", BOOTLOADER_PAYLOAD_ADDRESS);
	loadAndRunPayload("arm9loaderhax.bin", PAYLOAD_ADDRESS);
        [...]
Thats a snippet from the main.c for the payload_stage2.bin. Seems like the name for the payload is still the same.

Try to see if ctrbootmanager9 loads? You could possibly have a bad .bin file?
Unlikely, since I compiled them myself several times. And ctrBootManager9 wont work either.

Tried formatting the SD again. No Luck. Neither worked another SD.

Pretty much clueless now. I think I tried everything. Someone any idea why its not working anymore?

Tried putting everything everywhere. Root of the SD; /a9lh; /arm9loaderhax; Im a bit panicking right now.
I have NAND Backups, but how am I supposed to flash them without acces to Decrypt9?
Out of curiosity. Could this happen if I would compile the stage1 and 2 payloads with the wrong otp?
Im 99,99% sure I used the right OTP. I tripple checked that. But I dont have anymore ideas. Some forks dont even need the otp to compile stage1/2.
Any help is very, very, very much appreciated.

Just rescued a arm9bootloader.bin and arm9loaderhax.bin form my initial setup. And those still do NOT work. I am kinda broken now.

Last edited by MiePx3,

Yami Anubis ZX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds familiar, I used Payload 1 and 2 one time, even though I was on A9LH, stupid me, anyway, when it finished, it said to me success and I thought it went through without a hitch, oh boy was I wrong, I ended up like you, when my SD card was in, it would turn blue light on and then turn off, I guess it bricked, I wouldn't know as I was so distressed that I sent it in to get it hard modded, I will see if hard mod fixes it, when I get it tomorrow but I think you are bricked.

MiePx3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Man, that sucks. Isnt there anything else I could try?
I tought you are more or less protected against bricks? Well, not protected. But be able to recovery from it.
I updated BootCTR9 quite often with that method and it alwayed worked. :/

Last edited by MiePx3,

stl25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hardmod should fix. I have posted in the past that changing A9LH forks or updating is potentially dangerous. Unless there is a major development in A9LH there is really no reason to mess with it if you already have a working A9LH setup. Good luck, I hope you can get a hardmod and install a NAND backup.

A

a9lh-1user

BIG problem is WITH the SD it shutdown and without is STAYS on!
Thats the exactly oposit of what it does normaly!

Please put (from original 0.4.1) the boot_config.ini the arm9bootloader.bin and the arm9loaderhax.bin into the root of your SD.
Boot the 3DS and tell us what the blue light did.

(I couldn't find out if you have done this already!)
"Tried putting everything everywhere." could mean A LOT :)

P.S. the arm9bootloader.bin only works correct if you have the boot_config.ini in the same place!

Last edited by ,

MiePx3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Please put (from original 0.4.1) the boot_config.ini the arm9bootloader.bin and the arm9loaderhax.bin into the root of your SD.
Boot the 3DS and tell us what the blue light did.
Did that!
It goes on for about half a second and goes off again

A

a9lh-1user

Did you try a CFW like Luma3DS or Reinand or SaltFW?
In that stage i would try everything before i do a Hardmod (because if it is a Brick ....... it couldn't get worse!)

A

a9lh-1user

All you need is an entry to flash your NAND!
So if one of those CFW work (Luma3DS and SaltFW put the start_decrypt9.bin into the payload folder!) to get you to Decrypt9 you are "on the road again" :)

DHall243

I Stay Broke Because I Keep Buying 3DS's To A9LH
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All you need is an entry to flash your NAND!
So if one of those CFW work (Luma3DS and SaltFW put the start_decrypt9.bin into the payload folder!) to get you to Decrypt9 you are "on the road again" :)
If you read the post, it wont boot with an SD card in it, it restarts. Trying to put anything on it won't do anything if it doesn't boot to the point that it reads for payloads.

Last edited by DHall243,

MiePx3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yeah sadly that doesnt work.
I guess I have to deal with the fact that I fucked up and bricked.

I shouldnt just do things I have no idea about, so I deserved that. Thanks everyone for trying to help. Dont make the same mistakes I did!

Reactions: a9lh-1user

jerrmy12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys,
im having a probleme here. I updated my A9LH with the latest payload_stage1/2 from here: BootCTR9 - Github using SafeA9LHupdater.

Now the n3DS wont boot. I compiled delebile and hartmannaf forks, but neither of them seems to work.
It simpy shuts down with SD inserted. Without SD it stays on with two black screens.

Any ideas?
Did you only update payload 2, or 1?

anyways, hardmod your 3ds, or do you not have backups?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hke2YUirpf4 +1