N3DS Housing

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by RetroBitMig, Feb 11, 2016.

1. RetroBitMig
    OP

RetroBitMig CEO of PixelRocket (returning soon) and Maagic Dev

Oct 19, 2015
    United States
    Los Angeles
    Hi everyone! So, since this is the Console, Accessories and Hardware section of the forum, I figured I'd post my question here.

So, I bought a non-XL n3ds a few months back (imported from Japan) and I probably went a little crazy and decided to start melting off things from the system housing. My question to you all is where can I possibly get some replacement housing for a non-XL n3ds? Preferably white, but I'm wiling to mix and match to make it look cool lol.

Thanks! :D

blax722 likes this.
  2. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    I don't have an answer but I was about to post a similar question, the answer to which might help you anyway:

Why are there no third-party housing kits like there are for the DS Lite? I dearly wanted a transparent case when I first got into 3DS a few years ago, but there were none available, just original housing taken off presumably non-working consoles. I forgot about it, and now have started thinking about it again and went to look on ebay and the situation is still exactly the same. What is going on??? Surely these Chinese factories would make $$$$ if they sold mock-limited edition housing or transparent housing or housing just in funky colours. Why don't they? Surely there is a good reason

3. nero99

nero99 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 18, 2014
    United States
    Try eBayeBay

4. Xenon Hacks

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
    Ebay they are roughly 40-50

5. reiyu

reiyu Canadian, eh?

Jan 8, 2008
    Canada
    nintendo sells just the backplate for $10.

6. tigerfrost

tigerfrost Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 17, 2015
    Melt things off it ...

What exactly were you trying to achieve ?

Quantumcat and blax722 like this.
  7. RetroBitMig
    OP

RetroBitMig CEO of PixelRocket (returning soon) and Maagic Dev

Oct 19, 2015
    United States
    Los Angeles
    I couldn't agree more! I found a plethora of NDS replacement shells/housing and even on eBay someone listed their item as "New Nintendo 3DS housing" even though it was for the old 3DS system.

Oh, you know, just melt things off it; make holes that shouldn't belong. Again, I did go a bit crazy. ^^;

Quantumcat likes this.