Hacking N3DS, eShop access with NVer and Tiger

NepNeptunia

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

I will create a thread here as I already posted this in different places and had no answer...

So, it's been a while since I did not modify anything on my N3DS (GW3D 9.0.0-20E), as I didn't feel like I needed to. But recently I've downloaded Monster Hunter X and would have liked to play online. However for this, I need to access the eShop.

So I tried to learn how I could do this, but as I said, I haven't modified anything for a while, so it's a lot of new stuff at once, and I'm not exactly sure if I understood everything correctly.

I downloaded what I think are the latest NVer and Tiger versions from you know where. Apparently I only have to install the .cia and I'm done. But I have a few questions :

> Some people say you should make sure you're installing them on your emuNAND and not on your sysNAND. I never heard of BigBlueMenu being able to install stuff on the sysNAND, so now I'm worried about doing it by mistake.

> The game .3ds is a japanese version (the only one available now, and I plan to play with people having the japanese version anyway), but I see that NVer and Tiger have specific versions for each region. Wouldn't it be a problem if I install the update for the japanese version of Monster Hunter on my N3DS which is a EUR version ?

Could someone explain all this to me (and tell me if I misunderstood something) ?

Thank you very much.

reiyu

Canadian, eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
you don't need to use nver and tiger. just get FMP, run it, and you're gold. i'm using GW 8.1.0-0J sysnand and 9.4.0-0J emunand.

for updates for out of region games, you have to download the .cia updates and install it manually.

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
you dont need eshop access for Monster Hunter online and if you got thr tiger and nver from that site they also have the 1.1 update in the Cia section in the thread supplying the translated game.
you wont have problems istalling updates for a Jap game on an EU ds.

Also FMP works for both or you can use the Eshop homebrew

You only install stuff into Emunand if you ran the BBM/FBI from Emunand, but you still have to install the nver/tiger as directly to Sysnand(as in the emunands sysnand) and not SD card

NepNeptunia

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
you dont need eshop access for Monster Hunter online

Well I do have a message telling me there is an update available on the eShop when I launch the game, and a 002-0120 error code when I try to get online, stating I need to update...

Also FMP works for both or you can use the Eshop homebrew

How do we use FMP with a Gateway ? Do I need to install a CFW for it ?

you still have to install the nver/tiger as directly to Sysnand(as in the emunands sysnand) and not SD card

The EmuNAND's SysNAND ? I'm not sure I got everything here...

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well I do have a message telling me there is an update available on the eShop when I launch the game, and a 002-0120 error code when I try to get online, stating I need to update...

How do we use FMP with a Gateway ? Do I need to install a CFW for it ?

The EmuNAND's SysNAND ? I'm not sure I got everything here...

just download the 1.1 update cia from that site like i said

even if you had eeshop access you cant get out of region updates its a pain, had to manually find myself everything EU including dlc

and if you got thr tiger and nver from that site they also have the 1.1 update in the Cia section in the thread supplying the translated game.

Last edited by izy,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Blah. 3 of my NSO + Expansion Pass family group members are leaving. Found one replacement so far but still need to fill two empty slots. I have 9 days or i eat the extra cost myself. But with a full group $11 for a year is a good deal. imo
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    new ghostbusters was decent, not as good as the previous one
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @The Real Jdbye,
    theres a new ghostbusters?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I liked the cameo the original cast did
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, I heard a member of the original cast died
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Rest of the plot was just average
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Egon was the best character
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My favorite was the Key master in the first one, "Ok, who brought the dog?" - Rick Moranis
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Was way better than that ghostbusters: frozen in women power one
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It was kind of a passing the torch idea which I didn't hate finally
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The old Ghostbuster video game was pretty good also, newer one is just ok.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gotta be more specific nes one was garbage 360 was decent
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea 360/ps3 one I meant, I don't remember the Nes one tbh
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I never played that one.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, me neither
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @K3Nv2 gotta be more specific, there were 2 on the NES and one of them was pretty decent
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well it's probably the one youtube link I posted
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    deleted my newgrounds account
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc of shame
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You have shame?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, made a new one
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: