Hardware N3DS doesn't power up at all

Potatochip

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I opened up N3DS (normal) and was looking into the nand mod, but in the end decided to leave it as it is. I reassembled the device. It worked fine except for the home button. So I've opened the device again to make sure everything was connected properly. Disconnected the ribbon cable of the home button and reconnected it. Since then my 3ds doesnt power up anymore. The Power Button cable shows continuity... though I can't rule out that the button is broken. Is there a way to power up the ds without the use of the power button? Because of the damn ribbon cable design I'm not sure which connection I have to bridge to simulate a power on.

He only thing which now appears to work is the charging process. When I plug n the charging cable the orange LED lids up and the battery appears to be charging.

Other than that there is no reaction at all when I'm trying to power it on.

Any idea on what could be the cause?

zdgr4ye5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, if charging led work, possibly ribbon not broken, just try to trace where power button on ribbon with multimeter.

Ninoh-FOX

Otaku Gamer!!
Trophies
Website
colorslive.com
XP
Country
Spain
check the connection that is down right wing of the red and black wires, that is the home button, which is quite shocking, you can clean the plates with a little alcohol before connecting, as to the ignition wire is the flex cable below, verifies that not broken any of which is bent.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Sicklyboy, Hey