Hardware N3DS doesn't click, banners don't hop

helltoast

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a N3DS (regular, not XL) and found it weird that the lid didn't click when opened.

but earlier I noticed that the banners didn't 'hop' when I open the lid. you know, when the lid is all the way back and you click in place and the 3D models kinda jump in place?

which got me wondering if my 3DS is missing a component or something. I can also hear a faint pop whenever I open or close it, I think it's the ribbon cable.

anyone with a 3DS like this?

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I got a N3DS (regular, not XL) and found it weird that the lid didn't click when opened.

but earlier I noticed that the banners didn't 'hop' when I open the lid. you know, when the lid is all the way back and you click in place and the 3D models kinda jump in place?

which got me wondering if my 3DS is missing a component or something. I can also hear a faint pop whenever I open or close it, I think it's the ribbon cable.

Some systems have a soft locking, and some click. I don't think there's any real issue. The reason the banners don't hop is because they do that in reaction to the sound. Click your fingers near the mic and they should do it.

helltoast

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I sure am stupid. thanks, I had no idea banners just reacted to sound. I thought it was related to the mechanism itself since all 3DS' I came in contact with clicked.

Halvorsen

Trophies
Website
halcove.com
XP
Country
United States

That's completely normal... and the hopping has nothing to do with the hinge.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You got your answer, sorry for bumping :/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Do I make you randy!!! Lol