Hacking n00bish Acekard question

JerryX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Recently I did the "updating Acekard for 1.4U". I used it and got the "Dannykard 2i." Then I saw that they made a new rom of the update! Can I update with the new DSi rom even though I already did that with the old one? If so, will the Card show up as the Acekard, or as Danny Phantom? If anyone can answer this that would great!

giratina16

Born This Way
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It will always be Danny Phantom. It's to trick the DSi into thinking it's a real game, they use a small portion of the game to code the AceKard. As of yet there is no other way so it looks like it's always going to have some sort of game icon.

JerryX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
giratina16 said:
It will always be Danny Phantom. It's to trick the DSi into thinking it's a real game, they use a small portion of the game to code the AceKard. As of yet there is no other way so it looks like it's always going to have some sort of game icon.

Okay. But is it good to update my card with the new rom even though I updated with the old one?

EDIT: Other question: Can I put AKAIO on my updated card?

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If it's updated there's no need, it's either updated or it isn't. Some Acekards will only update with the newer update hence the reason for it's release.

giratina16

Born This Way
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
There really is no point, it's already updated to function on the latest DSi. I'm not sure what would happen if you do it again, I'm not even sure if it would work. To be on the safe side I would leave it as it is.

Yes AKAIO will work on the updated card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: If you want a good system to port it to, at least have a good programmer and knowledge. +1