Hacking N00B

Cardiff25

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok just got a dstt and a 2gig mem card, i have download the 1.0.7 firmware but dunno what to do.

Do i need to format the mem card if so how ? and how do i start putting stuff on the card.

as i say i am a n00b and this so please dont shoot me down....

Grimalkin

Waaaaaaaah!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Extract the 1.07 Loader and Transfer it onto the SD.

Drop in some Game Backups (preferably in a folder named 'Games' for organization).

Done.

Read the FAQ.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You need some sort of card reader for your PC that lets you put files onto the microSD card (I think one comes with the TTDS, but it's not a particularly good card reader and some people have had problems with it). It doesn't hurt to format a new card, and then you can drag and drop your firmware (TTMENU.SYS, TTMENU.DAT, and the TTMENU folder along with its contents) and game (.nds) files onto the card. Pop the microSD card into the TTDS, and pop the TTDS into your DS, turn it on, and if you've done everything right, you should see a list of your games. Hilight a game in the list with the stylus, then tap it again to play it.

Oh, and read the FAQ.

-Bri

pinobot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
as i say i am a n00b and this so please dont shoot me down....
You're not a noob, you're a newbie.
smile.gif

Cardiff25

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, guys

just to clear everything, up im gonan drop the TTMENU.DAT the TTMENU.SYS and the TTMenu folder all on the mem card then make a folder for games and drop them all on there.

if i wanna change the skin again is it as easy as drag and drop ?

twit21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you put the ROMs in a separate folder, you'll be shooting yourself in the foot. Your DSTT kernel is going to look for them to be in the root directory of your TF card, and if that's not where you put them you may be in for some disappointment when you fire that card up.

Changing skins is no problem, just drop the files into the ./TTMenu/skin/default folder, overwriting all of the old images.

Ebucel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you put the ROMs in a separate folder, you'll be shooting yourself in the foot. Your DSTT kernel is going to look for them to be in the root directory of your TF card, and if that's not where you put them you may be in for some disappointment when you fire that card up.

Changing skins is no problem, just drop the files into the ./TTMenu/skin/default folder, overwriting all of the old images.

Sorry but you're wrong you can put them anywhere . . . however I have noticed certain roms expect to be certain places.

Cardiff25

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cheers for all your input, gonna try it all tomorrow.

but quickly what the heck is 'moonshell' and if all i wanna do is play games (roms) do i need it will it be of any use to me ?

Grimalkin

Waaaaaaaah!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Also nice. Never really watched Fallout on Prime, but sounds like a good show. +1