Myst is twisted, it's great.
biggrin.gif

joe_user

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yes, I am. Played the the original Myst on PC. I really like the Myst-style, the atmosphere, the riddles. And the landscapes are just simply great. Looking forward to play it on the DS
smile.gif

piepants

Trophies
Website
itspudding.com
XP
Country
I'm looking forward to Myst. The original PC version was just a few years before I really got into these sort of PC games, so I'm looking forward to playing it for the first time.
smile.gif

I prolly should finish Zelda and Spyro first though.

Pigwooly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

staticfritz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Myst was re-released as RealMyst a couple of years ago. The same exact game, but fluid 3D, like running around in a FPS. From the YouTube video, it's point and click, though...

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think it'll be a good port, I might give it a try but I didn't really like it that much on the PC way back then.

reaperman@home

Trophies
Website
www.geocities.com
XP
Country
wow, myst on yet another system. Just what the world needed.
It's like a somebody said "hey, lets port a lonely and depressing game experience that everybody's already paid for at least once."

That game was really popular too. I think it's because a lot of schools bought it for days that they didn't want to teach. Soon the awards started rolling in and and grandparents thought it must be some kind of great so they bought them as gifts for children. one of those 'forced to play' games. I think I've even got the JagCD and 3do versions around somewhere...

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
I've gpt the Sega Saturn version, an excellent game but as reperman said it's damn depressing. To be honest the controls can be a bit combersome as well, although using the stylus it might be a little better. If there's going to port old adventure games like Myst I'd rather see something like Enemy Zero or even a good port of Dungeon Master (I know it's not quite the same but damn if it doesn't kick ass!).

Dungeon Master with on-line play would be very sweet.

zombielove

Trophies
XP
Country
We got it with our first Mac when Myst came with every Mac. I thought it was a horrible game. But I was used to Sierra and Lucasarts adventure games.

I'm keen to give it another go now that I'm older.

Edit: I basically said the same sentence twice. Retarded.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
I can't believe the Sierra hasn't released their back catalog for the DS (or someone else hasn't bought the rights and done it) as it's the ideal machine for them. It wouldn't push the machine graphically or anything but the touch screen is perfect the play system.

I'd love to see Kings Quest, Space Quest, Police Quest and Leisure Suit Larry on the DS.

asuri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
unsure.gif
movement doesnt look so great i wana try it but when i saw the boxart it look like its would be a MMORPG game wish there was one
wub.gif

zombielove

Trophies
XP
Country
I can't believe the Sierra hasn't released their back catalog for the DS (or someone else hasn't bought the rights and done it) as it's the ideal machine for them. It wouldn't push the machine graphically or anything but the touch screen is perfect the play system.

I'd love to see Kings Quest, Space Quest, Police Quest and Leisure Suit Larry on the DS.

I know. It's the perfect opportunity to revive the genre. I know we have SCUMM VM, but that's just for the converted. I'm sure if Lucasarts and Sierra did official DS releases we'd get a lot more new fans, and some more new games. I just love the graphical styles of the Monkey Island 2, King's Quest 5 and 6, Fate of Atlantis era games. It sucked when they all went too cartoony (I'm looking at you King's Quest 7 and Monkey Island 3).

AHHHH... there's so many good ones that should be on DS: Police Quest 2, Space Quest 4, The Dig, King's Quest 5....

I want to go on a real adventure again. Hehe I remember the days of no internet, hand-holding or faqs. Sometimes it'd take me a month to get past one point in a game - but once you worked it out, it was so satisfying.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: idk how hot of a take this is, but science as a subject sucks