skullassfreak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,
I just had my old external HHD die when I was using usbloader gx and I need to buy a new one. I was wondering if anyone knew if the western digitial my book 3.0 was compatible because I've heard problems with it's predessor. If it isn't working I'm going to buy the iomega 1 tb ehhd but it's only USB 2.0 (not that that would matter to the wii, just for adding roms)
yaywii.gif

Gao

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It should work. There's a compatibility list for HDDs if you want to know which HDD you should get. I would suggest looking into it first honestly if you're not sure if MyBook 3.0 is what you really want. I did see MyBook on a list though. I would suggest using Google if you want to find the compatibility list, because there's plenty of threads that have it XD But if you really want....... http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/USB_Devices_Compatibility_List

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
well USB 3.0 should be backwards compatible with 1.1 and 2.0 if its wasn't their the sales would just plummet as most ppl only have USB1.1/2.0 and only the most modern(within the pas 6-9months) mainboards have USB3.0 support as standard

QUOTE said:
5. Will my existing peripherals still work? How will they co-exist?
The good news is that USB 3.0 has been carefully planned from the start to peacefully co-exist with USB 2.0. First of all, while USB 3.0 specifies new physical connections and thus new cables to take advantage of the higher speed capability of the new protocol, the connector itself remains the same rectangular shape with the four USB 2.0 contacts in the exact same location as before. Five new connections to carry receive and transitted data independently are present on USB 3.0 cables and only come into contact when mated with a proper SuperSpeed USB connection.

Source

Im guessing this is the My Book 3 your referring to

http://www.everythingusb.com/western-digit...rive-18271.html

skullassfreak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes that's it =] I thought they were backwards combatible with USB 2.0 I was worried with the actual homebrew code (like sdhc sd combatiblity)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    denpafan @ denpafan: swag