MyBook 3.0 working?

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by skullassfreak, May 9, 2010.

May 9, 2010

MyBook 3.0 working? by skullassfreak at 2:42 PM (854 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. skullassfreak
    OP

Newcomer skullassfreak Member

United States
    Hello,
    I just had my old external HHD die when I was using usbloader gx and I need to buy a new one. I was wondering if anyone knew if the western digitial my book 3.0 was compatible because I've heard problems with it's predessor. If it isn't working I'm going to buy the iomega 1 tb ehhd but it's only USB 2.0 (not that that would matter to the wii, just for adding roms) [​IMG]

2. Gao

Newcomer Gao Member

United States
    It should work. There's a compatibility list for HDDs if you want to know which HDD you should get. I would suggest looking into it first honestly if you're not sure if MyBook 3.0 is what you really want. I did see MyBook on a list though. I would suggest using Google if you want to find the compatibility list, because there's plenty of threads that have it XD But if you really want....... http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/USB_Devices_Compatibility_List

3. skullassfreak
    OP

United States
    =[ the new one isn't there. I'm worried about the USB 3.0 combatiblity

4. pepxl

Member pepxl GFX W!Z4RD

United Kingdom
    well USB 3.0 should be backwards compatible with 1.1 and 2.0 if its wasn't their the sales would just plummet as most ppl only have USB1.1/2.0 and only the most modern(within the pas 6-9months) mainboards have USB3.0 support as standard

Source

Im guessing this is the My Book 3 your referring to

http://www.everythingusb.com/western-digit...rive-18271.html

5. skullassfreak
    OP

United States
    Yes that's it =] I thought they were backwards combatible with USB 2.0 I was worried with the actual homebrew code (like sdhc sd combatiblity)