Hardware My Xbox 360s turns on but does not boot up on the TV

BumbleB

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
South Africa
Hi Guys

I was using my Xbox360s about a week ago but when I turn it on, it does turn on but does not boot up on my TV at all. I have tried all sorts of solutions including HDMI cables, USB ports etc. My power brick works perfectly, I hear the fan spinning well and my console's fan spins well. I have never experienced a RROD(Red Ring Of Death). My controllers work well too. What should I do to fix

Thanks for the help in advanced

scroeffie

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i have the same problem sometimes its the stupid handshake thing between the xbox360 and tv !! your 360 is not broken
try another tv or sometimes turning your tv on than off or difrent hdmi channel etc etc !!

scroeffie

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
all of people have this problem with the 360 its a handshake problem between tv and 360 the 360 is pikky about tv brands models etc etc
https://forums.xbox.com/en-US/thread/4457E1C8-639C-485E-AD81-76F48FE71AF7?page=1

I have had this xbox hooked up to this TV for a while, it worked fine but i have not used it in a few months and I think it forgot the video settings, now its defaulting to 1080p put the TV can only do 1080i, I have tried the following solution
"1. Connect your 360 to your TV with the included composite (Yellow, Red, White) cable .
2. Ensure you're running the new Xbox dashboard (Avatars support).
3. Ensure no profile auto-sign's in at boot up.
4. Power off 360 and TV. Connect the HDMI cable between them.
5. Hold down the controller's xBox button for 3 seconds to power on, and wait for about 20 seconds.
6. Press right on the (dpad) left analog stick 9 times, to navigate to the System Settings menu.
7. Press the A button 4 times. (This will go to System Settings, Console Settings, Display, HDTV settings.)
8. Press up twice on the (dpad) left analog stick. Press A.
9. If no picture appears, wait 15 seconds, Press up again and press A. What you are doing is selecting lower display resolutions. Once you have a picture, you can try other higher resolutions, if you want, and it will revert back if you don't confirm it is ok. The 360 will remember the setting you finalize."

that does not work, I know its not signing me in because its not connected to the internet but still it does not work, I also do not have a component cable (well I do, but it doesn't seem to be working either) how can I fix this?

I also tried holding Y and R2 while it booted up but that did nothing.

more details:
I have tried 3 different HDMI cables, my PS3 works fine via HDMI on the same TV, I've tried the cable I use for the PS3.

and I know it is on because if I hold down the xbox button on the controller and press up twice then X the 360 shuts down.

There are known issues with HDMI Handshaking needed for HDCP. HDMI Handshaking occurs when each device is plugged in / turned on. Unplugging a device that uses HDMI destroys any existing handshaking that occurred previously. The steps I listed are to resolve HDMI Handshaking issues.

For more information: http://www.google.com/search?q=hdmi+handshake+problems

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
odd. I've never had an hdcp problem with the 360. I have 10 things (hdmi) plugged into my tv. the only two that have hdcp problems are my dvr and my pstv. at least, with the ps4, you can turn it off. ;)

Reactions: scroeffie

scroeffie

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i sometimes have this problem with my slim 360 with my 11 year old pana plasma tv ,but know i bought a marsaille mcable but it does not work with my 360 black screen !
but it does work with all my other consoles old to new

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy