Hardware my wii u does not recognize hard drive

Centel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
hello I wanted to ask for help because a few weeks ago I bought a basic seagate hard drive and connected it to the wii u with a cable and 3.0, the principle worked and I was able to install games on it, but about 2 weeks later it no longer recognizes it, I formatted it in fat32 but it does not recognize it either, on my pc it recognizes it perfectly if someone knows what it is, can you please tell me? PS: I am using google to translate this

Last edited by Centel,

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sound like you need a y cable along with a enclosure that have the correct connector.

Something like this if you have a seagate drive with an enclosure

Image 1 - USB 3.0 A Male to Micro USB 3 Y Cable With USB Power Connect For 2.5 Mobile HDD

Reactions: jeannotte

Centel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
it should work if you are using a y cable, try a different enclosure/y cable I guess.
but on my pc it works fine it's the wii u that doesn't recognize it so the hard drive works, it's the wii u that must have something and I don't have another case or cable

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Might also be brownout isses so try to connect the power-only end of the Y-Cable to a powerfull wall charger (one you would use to power an RPI).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs