My Wii no longer reads Gamecube discs

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Ragu96, Jun 21, 2013.

1. Ragu96
    OP

Ragu96 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 21, 2013
    United States
    I was working on getting my gamecube isos to work on my wii for about 4 hours yesterday, and after installing tons of crap and screwing around I finally gave up. I just decided to play one of the games I actually own on a disc. I inserted my Super Smash Bros Melee disc into the Wii, and started it up from the disc channel. Nothing came up, just a black screen. I'm not using a loader or anything, its my actual disc that I'm starting up from the Wii's disc channel. I don't know what I did, but my Wii no longer reads gamecube games. I decided to reformat my Wii to see if it would set some of the files I screwed up to default and I STILL get the black screen when inserting a gamecube disc. I have no idea of what I should do. It can also read Wii discs just fine, its only when I try to start up a gamecube game. Is there anything I could do about this or is my Wii just semi bricked permanently?

2. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    Have you modified the MIOS or installed a custom one at any point?

3. macmanhigh

macmanhigh THC = Truly High Caliber

Banned
    Mar 29, 2012
    United States
    BuddsVille,CA
    Seems u installed DM to run GC iso's u can only have 1 wad installed at a time

U have to uninstall to run Disc's again......

:EDIT: Whut Foxi4 said :)

4. Ragu96
    OP

Ragu96 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 21, 2013
    United States
    Well, I don't have the applications on my SD card anymore, so how would I uninstall it? Is there an application that will do a fresh reinstall to the factory settings?

5. macmanhigh

macmanhigh THC = Truly High Caliber

Banned
    Mar 29, 2012
    United States
    BuddsVille,CA
    If u check out the WiiFlow thread u should DL Abz's Materpiece Pack it includes all wads for GC, Quadforce and Nand stuff

In the wads Folder there is IOS folder in it should be RVL-mios wad Install that to revert ur GC loading format

6. ddrrmm

ddrrmm GBAtemp Regular

Feb 11, 2007
    United States
    download this RVL-MIOS-V4.wad
    install this :),itll fix official gc support again

7. JoostinOnline

JoostinOnline Certified Crash Test Dummy

Apr 2, 2011
    United States
    The Twilight Zone
    Or v10 if you want something more current.