My webcam won't fit in

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by bradzx, Sep 11, 2012.

Sep 11, 2012

My webcam won't fit in by bradzx at 9:21 PM (1,356 Views / 0 Likes) 26 replies

1. bradzx
    OP

Member bradzx x-Darkie-x

United States
    I really pissed off with my webcam cuz everytime I start record and it said no audio record. Video work but audio. I already change the damn setting already! I do over and over and over. I went mad and break apart. Now I see different shape. Why it square when webcam have circle? That is stupid making webcam I ever see.

2. YoshiInAVoid

Member YoshiInAVoid GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom

Buy a new one?

3. AlanJohn

Member AlanJohn くたばれ

Ukraine
    Oh my.

2 people like this.
  4. Foxi4

Reporter Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip
    Poland
    Well... uhm... if there's no plastic broken off and the webcam itself works, you just gotta figure out where the pieces go... if the plastic IS broken, your only option is glue.

I'm guessing that the hole in the cam and the clip piece have slightly different shapes to provide friction when you rotate the cam. Don't worry - if it's not broken, there's a saying for that: "Pet it and it'll fit". :creep:

5. bradzx
    OP

Member bradzx x-Darkie-x

United States
    I know John. But one thing it bother me. why it different shape? One square. One circle. It wont fit in if there shape is different. That is not make sense. I put put in back in but it wont fit in. How I can fit in?

Yoshi - give me name best kind of webcam for work audio than my lame webcam that wont defect my webcam for microphone.

Fox - When I pull it out, there is nothing on it, just uhh...rotate thing.

6. AlanJohn

Member AlanJohn くたばれ

Ukraine
    Buy yourself a cheap headset to use as a microphone, and use your webcam for video. I recommend this if you are making lets-plays and so on.

1 person likes this.
  7. bradzx
    OP

Member bradzx x-Darkie-x

United States
    I already use it but too racket. I dont want racket in it. I watch video PewDiePie. I didnt hear any racket when he use microphone with headphone.

8. GamerzHell9137

Member GamerzHell9137 GBAtemp Psycho!

Bosnia and Herzegovina
    ''My webcam won't fit in'' hmmmmm...

9. Foxi4

pip
    Poland
    Every single professional LP maker keeps several tracks of audio - one or more* of his voice alone, one or more* of the in-game sound and one or more for additional effects and music (*one or more for stereo purposes). The voice tracks are edited and processed to remove noise, then they're composed together into one stereo track. No microphone on Earth will give you absolutely no noise, especially a webcam one. Many LP makers and other content producers on Youtube spend hundreds on equipment alone - have a look at the Angry Video Game Nerd, he made an episode dedicated specifically to "Behind the Scenes" stuff.

You're experiencing "racket" as you call it most likely because you play with your speakers on - that alone causes Audio Feedback to your microphone. Moreover, I'm guessing that your Audio Mixer isn't configured properly, hence the Noise. In other words, you lack experience, preparation, software and hardware.

1 person likes this.
  10. bradzx
    OP

Member bradzx x-Darkie-x

United States
    Forget it. I am going buy new one. I dont want buy logitech software webcam because they don't have for repair. Even Staples. Why some technology make lame stuff like Logitech webcam? I bought that three years ago about 50 dollars. I do hate buy lame webcam. I want awesome webcam. Better video graphic like 1040p or watever that is. And sorry I only use basic way.

11. retrodoctor

Banned retrodoctor Banned

United States
    I don't understand a damn thing said in this thread.

12. Vulpes Abnocto

Former Staff Vulpes Abnocto Drinks, Knows Things

United States
    Why do they make them? Well most people don't have anger management issues and break their electronics when they can't figure out how to do something complex with their simple equipment. It's been my experience that Logitech makes rather durable and long-lasting equipment, but I'm pretty sure if I unplugged the Logitech mouse I've been using for five years and started using it to kill wasps it wouldn't last very long.

But yeah man, don't bother trying to learn anything new. Throw more money at the problem and see if it goes away.

2 people like this.
  13. Foxi4

pip
    Poland
    No need to be sorry for anything - everybody starts somewhere. It's just that those things take more effort than it seems they do, especially if you want to produce quality content. ;)

And I have to agree with Vulpes on this one - Logitech builds quality equipment, it's just that electronics require a degree of patience and more importantly, care.

14. bradzx
    OP

Member bradzx x-Darkie-x

United States
    You mean Logitech is best quality?

15. Vulpes Abnocto

United States
    They're probably not the best quality available, but in my opinion they're the best compromise between quality and price.

1 person likes this.
  16. Foxi4

pip
    Poland
    We mean that Logitech makes quality equipment, however, you get what you pay for, so keep that in mind when making purchases.

You'll never get camcorder-like results with a webcam. It's called a webcam for a reason, it's mainly to be used with Skype and other similar services.

17. bradzx
    OP

Member bradzx x-Darkie-x

United States
    *sighs* I hate my life. I am gone too far for foolish choice to buy or do something stupid to break it.

18. pyromaniac123

Member pyromaniac123 ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็

United Kingdom
    You? Make foolish choices? Never!

:rofl2:

19. Vulpes Abnocto

United States
    We all make foolish choices. The point is to learn from them.

1 person likes this.
  20. bradzx
    OP

Member bradzx x-Darkie-x

United States
    *sighs* Guess you are right, VA.

Well I am going get new webcam in amazon and I already place in order but it take 3 or 4 weeks to get that webcam. Oh well. Shit happen.