Homebrew My thoughts on 4.0 sysmenu

PurplePox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know the file type that the Wii uses to allow you to copy and play games off your SD card on the new 4.0 firmware. I know from experience you can't just play any game you save to your SD, only ones from your SD card, you can't copy VC and WiiWare from others Wiis. Which brings me to my thoughts on this whole no HBC on 4.0. If we could find that file and edit it to allow you to boot or copy the HBC off your SD card we would have a fix for 4.0.

Or maybe I'm crazy...

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i dont think you quite understand how it works (or else i dont understand you lol). there is not a file in your wii which tells the wii which VC and WiiWare games it can let you copy across and boot from SD. Instead, each VC or WiiWare game is registered to your Wii. Its information in the Channels which is injected during installation which identifies your Wii as the Wii that channel belongs to. I hope that makes as much sense to you as it does to me. Therefore your idea cannot work because no such file exists. (I think, please correct me if this is wrong, but i'm pretty sure it isnt)

Unfraggable1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SifJar said:
i dont think you quite understand how it works (or else i dont understand you lol). there is not a file in your wii which tells the wii which VC and WiiWare games it can let you copy across and boot from SD. Instead, each VC or WiiWare game is registered to your Wii. Its information in the Channels which is injected during installation which identifies your Wii as the Wii that channel belongs to. I hope that makes as much sense to you as it does to me. Therefore your idea cannot work because no such file exists. (I think, please correct me if this is wrong, but i'm pretty sure it isnt)
I don't think I could have explained it better myself.

As this guy said, each channel only works for the Wii it was downloaded on.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
PurplePox said:
Does anyone know the file type that the Wii uses to allow you to copy and play games off your SD card on the new 4.0 firmware. I know from experience you can't just play any game you save to your SD, only ones from your SD card, you can't copy VC and WiiWare from others Wiis. Which brings me to my thoughts on this whole no HBC on 4.0. If we could find that file and edit it to allow you to boot or copy the HBC off your SD card we would have a fix for 4.0.

Or maybe I'm crazy...

you are not crazy, you are just very naive & missing a bunch of informations about how the Wii internally works

let's put it differently: when you have such a simple idea, it very likely you are not the first one to have it... and if nothing like this has been done yet, it's very likely
this is not possible or at least not so easy as "finding a file"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo