Hardware My SpotPass has stopped working.

spiritofcat

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't seem to be getting any SpotPass notifications or content anymore.
I got the first two Samurai Warriors: Chronicles ones, but I've had nothing in the last 3 weeks, and I haven't had any message about the upcoming system update either.

I've tried switching the wireless off and on again a few times, and even deleting the wireless connection and making it again from the start.
The connection test says the connection is working properly, and my friends list seems to be working, it shows how recently my friends have been online, though it isn't showing any online right now. I only have 13 entries in my friends list so maybe they really are all offline at the moment.

Anyone got any suggestions on how I can get SpotPass working again?

sergster1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unplug and replug your wireless access point. I had similar problems. Then reset up your 3DS with your access point. When it reconnects you SHOULD get a spot pass talking about todays update.

spiritofcat

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
sergster1 said:
Unplug and replug your wireless access point. I had similar problems. Then reset up your 3DS with your access point. When it reconnects you SHOULD get a spot pass talking about todays update.
Thanks for the tip.
I've done that now but it doesn't seem to have made any difference.

One thing I noticed is that my router only shows my 3DS in its Wireless Clients List when the 3DS is open. As soon as I close the lid it seems to disconnect.
This happens regardless of if it's in the charging cradle or not.
I thought it was meant to remain connected when in sleep mode...

Can you receive SpotPass data while the 3DS is open and just sitting on the menu?

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your problem is likely that there is no new spotpass data for you. There is a difference between spotpass and streetpass (streetpass is what you use when passing by another person, spotpass downloads content from nearby wi-fi hotspots).

spiritofcat

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
m3rox said:
Your problem is likely that there is no new spotpass data for you. There is a difference between spotpass and streetpass (streetpass is what you use when passing by another person, spotpass downloads content from nearby wi-fi hotspots).
Oh? So the Samurai Warriors content that everyone else has received over the last 3 weeks is not for me? And the message about the upcoming update is not for me?

Yes, I'm aware of the difference between SpotPass and StreetPass. What gave you the impression that I was not?

QUOTE(geenlung @ Jun 7 2011, 01:26 PM) Do a system date jump to June 14th. Usually jumping a week works.
I'll give that a go now.
Do I jump forward and then straight back to the present or do I have to stay in the future for a while?

Edit: Okay, I jumped forward to the 14th and after a few moments of sitting at the 3DS desktop I got the System Update message!
Thanks geenlung!

G

geenlung

I would jump back to present day. That should minimize distortions in the temporal space-time vortex...I mean Activity Log :3

And to answer your previous question, you can get Spotpass data when your 3DS is sleeping too. You can get Spotpass data when your 3DS is "open" as well, though it may not show immediately. Sometimes you need to check notifications and exit or insert and boot up the associated game before a notification appears. There's still a lot of mystery as to how Spotpass and Streetpass work.

spiritofcat

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
geenlung said:
I would jump back to present day. That should minimize distortions in the temporal space-time vortex...I mean Activity Log :3

And to answer your previous question, you can get Spotpass data when your 3DS is sleeping too.
Yep, I'm back now.

And yeah, I thought that was how it was meant to work, but as soon as I close the lid on my 3DS the router shows it as no longer connected, so I'm wondering how it can work like that.
Maybe it just connects every now and then to check for messages while it's asleep rather than remaining connected the whole time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended