Hacking My son updated himself out of Acekard 2i?

BIGWORM

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe my son had updated himself to v1.4.3U to get into the DSi Shop, now his Acekard 2i doesn't work. I just purchased another online through gameplayfun.com and it doesn't work, either. Is there a way to fix it without needing a different DS? Possibly downgrade the DSi? The new acekard I got today has the Chessmaster logo. I'm not sure what version (if any) that signifies. Any idea or help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

KingAsix

ByJustAsix
Trophies
Website
www.byjustasix.com
XP
Country
United States
Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I think you need a DS that can work with the Acekard and update the Acekard firmware or something like that. I use to own an acekard, but that was a long time ago.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Acekard has to have a Dorasu icon (red bow) in order to work with DSi 1.4.3 and 3DS 2.1.0-3. The Chessmaster icon works with 3DS 2.1.0-3 and DSi 1.4.2 (and below). In order to update your Acekard to have the Dorasu icon (red bow), you have to run this update file using a DS/DSi/3DS that presently works with the Acekard. Sorry.

BIGWORM

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JinTrigger said:
Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I think you need a DS that can work with the Acekard and update the Acekard firmware or something like that. I use to own an acekard, but that was a long time ago.

So if I grab a DS LITE, would I be able to update the Acekard to use on the DSi afterwards, or does it have to be another non-updated DSi?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BIGWORM said:
So if I grab a DS LITE, would I be able to update the Acekard to use on the DSi afterwards, or does it have to be another non-updated DSi?
It can be any DS that works presently with your Acekard. The DS and DS Lite are guaranteed to work with your Acekard since they do not receive firmware updates.

Rizsparky

Saiyan Prince
Trophies
XP
Country
Lacius said:
The Acekard has to have a Dorasu icon (red bow) in order to work with DSi 1.4.3 and 3DS 2.1.0-3. The Chessmaster icon works with 3DS 2.1.0-3 and DSi 1.4.2 (and below). In order to update your Acekard to have the Dorasu icon (red bow), you have to run this update file using a DS/DSi/3DS that presently works with the Acekard. Sorry.
the zip file contains two files? which one do i use?

KingAsix

ByJustAsix
Trophies
Website
www.byjustasix.com
XP
Country
United States
Lacius said:
BIGWORM said:
It can be any DS that works presently with your Acekard. The DS and DS Lite are guaranteed to work with your Acekard since they do not receive firmware updates.

lol thanks for backin me up cause I didnt want to give him the wrong info

BIGWORM

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lacius said:
Rizsparky said:
the zip file contains two files? which one do i use?
Use the DSL update file on a DS or a DS Lite. Use the DSi update file on a DSi/DSiXL/3DS.

Even using a LITE to update the 2i, will that enable it to work on a DSi running v1.4.3? I'm assuming so. I've got my wife out right now running to get a LITE, lol.

Thesolcity

Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have a DSi that works with the Acekard, use the DSi update file.
If a DS Lite is the only thing that will work, use the DS Lite update file.

Either way, after its updated it WILL work on the DSi again.
yaynds.gif

BIGWORM

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thesolcity said:
If you have a DSi that works with the Acekard, use the DSi update file.
If a DS Lite is the only thing that will work, use the DS Lite update file.

Either way, after its updated it WILL work on the DSi again.
yaynds.gif

Nice. Thanks for the help, everyone. I was sorta anxious posting in here. Thought I was going to need a flame suit or something, haha!

*edit* Wife brought the Lite (a pink one, nonetheless lol), popped in the Acekard with the DSL update file on it, ran it, and now it runs on my son's DSi again, yay!

laffytaffy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When i try to load the file on my DSL i get a mess age that says

"AK2i FIRMWARE UPDATE(3DSV3)
Chip ID:0fc2 HW:4444
This cartridge can't be updated."

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
that is correct, the HWID 44 cards can not currently be updated.

http://www.acekard.com/news.php

QUOTE said:
HW44 Can't Update for 1.4.3 Temporary
Update for DSi1.4.3 can't support AK2i of HW44 temporary now. We're still looking into it. Please be patient. And we're sorry for all the inconvenience caused.

PLEASE NOTE the names of the update filesak2ifw_update_3ds21__DSi143_onDSL_NO44.nds
ak2ifw_update_3ds21_DSi143_onDSi_NO44.nds

both of the update files (for ds lite and dsi) say NO44, because they do not yet support the HWID 44 cards.

these cards have different hardware and can not be updated as easily. acekard never said their cards would be updatable at all, consider yourself lucky that it has worked for this long. most of the older "generation 2" flash kits require you to buy a new kit if you want to update. sadly, acekard's kits are this old design. all you can do is wait and see if they find a fix for it, or buy a HWID 81 ak2i.

-another world

toicy4ya

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all,

I believe i may have experienced the same problem. My sons DSi was working fine with the acekard 2i card, however i noticed he may have updated the DSi to vers. 1.4.3U. Now it doesnt work. I tried updating to AKAIO 1.8.8 and updated the ak2ifw_update_3ds21_DSi143_onDSL_NO44.nds file and still nothing. When i insert the acekard 2i into the DSi or DS Lite it doesnt register the card. It Say's, "There is nothing inserted in the Game Card Slot". Any ideas?

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
wait.... you noticed that "he may have updated the DSi to vers. 1.4.3U"? either he did or he didn't, it won't do it automatically. did you verify that the system is now running 1.4.3?

before you attempt to update the acekard you need to make sure its not a hwid 44 acekard, as that hardware version can not be updated. however, if you already tried to run the update file you can no longer check the hwid. it sounds like you updated a hwid 44 card and corrupted the bootloader. if that is the case you will want to reflash with the v1.4.2 fix, which will give you a new bootloader but will only allow the card to work on your ds lite (assuming the dsi was updated).

if you are on 1.4.3 you will need a ds phat, ds lite, or a non-updated system to reflash the bootloader. you will also need a second flash kit.

follow the instructions here: http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Updating_the_..._a_bricked_cart

-another world

toicy4ya

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I confirmed he did update the version to 1.4.3U.

I clicked on the link and attempted to follow the instructions but got stuck on the first step. How do you Boot a working Flash Kit (any Flash Kit) and run ak2ifw_update_3ds21__DSi143_onDSL_NO44.nds?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I forgot password consult admin