Hacking My Sky3DS won't even turn the light on. Please help!

milerwan

Seasoned technician
Trophies
XP
Country
France
[...] doesn't make sense when the official Sky3DS team emails me saying it works with ANY 3DS and ANY microSD card. So I don't know!

Because it is wrong, all the existing microSD cards are not compatible with but with or without MicroSD card, the LED must blink when inserted.

The issue must be bad contact between Sky3DS card and cartdrige Slot-1 connectors.
See if the plastic card is deformed/curved.

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Most likely a bad contact or something. Try inserting beneath the card a piece of paper or something and see if it works. Heres my thread I made a while back with the exact same issue! The card later turned on to be working with a O3DS, N3DS and a N3DS XL. Sold it to another person and it works flawlessly!

Osmosis

Accidents Happen. Don't be one of them.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most likely a bad contact or something. Try inserting beneath the card a piece of paper or something and see if it works. Heres my thread I made a while back with the exact same issue! The card later turned on to be working with a O3DS, N3DS and a N3DS XL. Sold it to another person and it works flawlessly!

Yeah, that boggles my mind. Any chance you looked at all the firmwares? Maybe it was a specific firmware that caused it? And didn't he post about his LE? This is why I'm weary of the LE units... Or was it the auto-cycling issue that had an LE? So many different experiences.

One thing is for sure, the formatting of the mSD makes a big difference. It's really important to do a full partition delete when formatting over again. Might even require an MBR rebuild. Why Sky3DS uses a FAT12 baffles me.

But to get a no-blinker without an mSD inserted kind of screams faulty cart. To see it then work in another system without fail just confuses me.

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Yeah, that boggles my mind. Any chance you looked at all the firmwares? Maybe it was a specific firmware that caused it? And didn't he post about his LE? This is why I'm weary of the LE units... Or was it the auto-cycling issue that had an LE? So many different experiences.

One thing is for sure, the formatting of the mSD makes a big difference. It's really important to do a full partition delete when formatting over again. Might even require an MBR rebuild. Why Sky3DS uses a FAT12 baffles me.

But to get a no-blinker without an mSD inserted kind of screams faulty cart. To see it then work in another system without fail just confuses me.

Sure I did! My N3DS is at 9.0, the guy who returned the Sky3DS claiming it was faulty was also at 9.0 and had a NXL. Tried it again with an O3DS at 9.2 and finally a NXL at 9.6. All of the units mentioned were European. So of all the consoles I tested only one XL didnt work with the Sky card, all others functioned as advertised. I mean sure, it may be a faulty card but you cant know for sure until you try it on another console because this isnt an unique case since it happened to me, the OP and who knows how many unrecorded instances. Whats really strange though is that the card only failed on XL models.

Zaroc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So if it is a bad Sky3DS cart, then should I get a refund and get a new one? What if for some reason it's like Guitarheroknight said and my 3DS just doesn't work with Sky3DS despite what the official team says? I'll just waste more time and money. This is such a pain geez.

milerwan

Seasoned technician
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Find another guy that has got (New or Old) 3DS/3DS XL console and test your Sky3DS to see if result is same as yours.

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Go to the3ds setting screen.
Then back out.
Remove the sky3ds and put it back in.

See if that works. I have had problems on the n3ds after wroting games. Only sometimes tho.
Also try otnwoth just 1know to fully work game. Then add more later

Osmosis

Accidents Happen. Don't be one of them.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if it is a bad Sky3DS cart, then should I get a refund and get a new one? What if for some reason it's like Guitarheroknight said and my 3DS just doesn't work with Sky3DS despite what the official team says? I'll just waste more time and money. This is such a pain geez.

Waste money? You're exchanging it. They should give you a new one for the old one... RMA. Or yeah, get a refund and re-purchase. At this point the Sky3DS is "faulty" to you. Chances are a new one will do the trick.

Let's hope it does. Otherwise there's something about your N3DSXL we have to find that is causing the problem.

This is why they want you to test it on another unit to see if it works.

Best bet is to RMA it. Notify seller that it's not working and you think the card is faulty. Go from there. In the meantime ask someone (doesn't matter what firmware or 3DS system) to see if it works on theirs. Of course, you'll have to properly format the mSD and write 2-3 games on it (if you haven't already).

Zaroc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Like I feel that trying anything to do with different microSD's and different ways to write on the microSD don't matter because the first step doesn't even work, which is just getting a reaction from the cart. It should show a light with or without the microSD and it doesn't, which makes me think it's just not connecting or not working, period. Also I'd really want to try with a different 3DS but no one I know has one, so no way to try it. THerefore no way to know if my LE MH 3DS just can't use SKy3DS. Which sucks.

D

Deleted-19228

Like I feel that trying anything to do with different microSD's and different ways to write on the microSD don't matter because the first step doesn't even work, which is just getting a reaction from the cart. It should show a light with or without the microSD and it doesn't, which makes me think it's just not connecting or not working, period. Also I'd really want to try with a different 3DS but no one I know has one, so no way to try it. THerefore no way to know if my LE MH 3DS just can't use SKy3DS. Which sucks.

There is no magic system that can't use Sky3DS. The person who posted that was misinformed. The systems it wasn't working on simply had slightly different contacts. If someone put a few layers of tape behind the Sky3DS to push it closer to the contacts it would have worked fine.

EDIT: Also in your case I'm sure it's just a bad card.

Zaroc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well pretty sure I can't just go in a store and ask them to let me plug this weird cart into their 3DS to "try something".

joex11

Trophies
XP
Country
San Marino
what i mean is to go to any store that has 3ds for show that you can test. many stores have them, so you just put it in, check it quick and done

Megaben99

I'm not an intern. I'm a messenger of the Gods!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well pretty sure I can't just go in a store and ask them to let me plug this weird cart into their 3DS to "try something".
Go to a pawnshop. Most gamestops could care less, but a pawnshop definitely won't. Just say you brought your own cart to test.

And yes - you should get 3 blue flashes if you insert the Sky with no SD card

Zaroc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Not alot of people at all buy 3DS in my country (Portugal) so I doubt I'd find one at a pawnshop, and like I said, doubt I can check in stores, also the ones on display to play I think are like covered with a case or something.

Do you guys think that maybe I should update my firmware to the next one? I'm using 9.5 but, since the site says SKy3DS works up to 9.6 maybe that would help? I've no idea but I'm frustrated and with no options in sight other than refund and hope a new one I order works.

jutty0069

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Zaroc I posted a couple of weeks back. I received my Sky3ds and tried everything i could multiple micro sd cards, different versions of disk writer nothing worked i never saw a blue light. This was on a New 3ds XL my work colleague had a new 3ds non xl we put the Sky3ds into his machine and it flashed instantly and works fine in his console. I sold that to him and just received my 2nd Sky3ds and again it doesn't work in mine but does in his. Both of the Sky3ds carts have made a bit of a grinding noise when inserted into my 3ds XL but they don't make a sound in his 3ds. So i now have another that doesn't work and don't know what to do now.

UPDATE
I just saw the video above and packed out my cart with paper and it works WTF

Megaben99

I'm not an intern. I'm a messenger of the Gods!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not alot of people at all buy 3DS in my country (Portugal) so I doubt I'd find one at a pawnshop, and like I said, doubt I can check in stores, also the ones on display to play I think are like covered with a case or something.

Do you guys think that maybe I should update my firmware to the next one? I'm using 9.5 but, since the site says SKy3DS works up to 9.6 maybe that would help? I've no idea but I'm frustrated and with no options in sight other than refund and hope a new one I order works.
Dangs...well depending on how scandalous you are, you can buy a 3DS test the card and return it haha. I think you've got a the right idea trying for a refund/exchange with the Sky vendor. I can confirm my sky works with 9.7 - the update from Monday.

Zaroc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jutty, what the hell? You saw the video I mean, I can't get it more tight than that in the card slot. It was already a bit of a struggle to make it snap in. But I mean if it worked on yours, I don't know. Can you show me how you did it? Was it the same as me or did you do it differently?

Megaben, thanks bud, I would try to update it but since it's probably just not connecting I guess there's no real reason to. Although I probably should just for compatibility's sake on other games and such.

jutty0069

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jutty, what the hell? You saw the video I mean, I can't get it more tight than that in the card slot. It was already a bit of a struggle to make it snap in. But I mean if it worked on yours, I don't know. Can you show me how you did it? Was it the same as me or did you do it differently?

Megaben, thanks bud, I would try to update it but since it's probably just not connecting I guess there's no real reason to. Although I probably should just for compatibility's sake on other games and such.

I will try to do a video shortly. I ordered another New 3DS XL before trying that yesterday that arrived today and my Sky3ds works instantly in that.

Zaroc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sounds like my only chance is that paper thing, because ordering new Sky3ds cards did nothing for you as I assume will do nothing for me, but I can't just order a new 3DS either so I'm kind of fucked.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I want money too I should upload Ai videos of Psi getting laid +1