Hacking My Sky3ds+ is not working

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Installing a A9LH hack and a CFW is always better, as you can play all kind of modified games from any region and you don't have to press a button like a tool. Also it is free.
I don't find the Sky3DS practical or useful at all, I would prefer to carry my original game cards and switch them.
In the other hand, using CFW is really comfortable with your games in your home and also the many possibilities of modding, of course IMHO.

Regarding bricking, you won't brick if you can read English and know how to follow the steps of a recipe.
It is slow and cumbersome to do, but you shouldn't brick if you read.

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New arm9 and arm11 explous just came out, allowing you to downgrade your 3ds to 2.1, install a custom firmware, and upgrade back up again. Them you can either download roms from that uso site in installable cia format, or use tikshop or freeshop to download the titles directly from the nintendo servers to your 3ds. The process to perform this is linked here: https://3ds.guide. if you have any questions ask here, as it's always better to have access to people who have successfully went through the guide for help.
That guide is only up to 11.2.0 and not 11.2.0-35

Minamii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
so first off you said that you can ONLY see the sav files on the micro sd? i really am getting the feeling you just dont know what a rom is and don't have any roms on it which makes it show up as empty I'm pretty sure the card is fine I also have a sky3ds+ (though I hacked my 3ds now so its not as useful) and the green light is when its loading you don't even have one .3ds file on it im betting

No, I said "it shows me the sav files of the games in the card". Meaning of the games I put in the card. There's a screenshot of my micro SD card. I tried wth only 2 games for now, because I read in some other forums that sometimes it doesnt work when you put too many games in the first time.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    24 KB · Views: 148
Last edited by Minamii,

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, I said "it shows me the sav files of the games in the card". Meaning of the games I put in the card. There's a screenshot of my micro SD card. I tried wth only 2 games for now, because I read in some other forums that sometimes it doesnt work when you put too many games in the first time.
what kind of weird ass save files are those? also the games wouldn't make saves until after you launched a game are you sure you upgraded the firmware correctly?

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The savefile should have the same name as the game. Example pokemon.3ds with pokemon.sav start over with formating sd card fat32 64kb cluster which is largest possible. And follow sky3ds website instructions

Minamii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
what kind of weird ass save files are those? also the games wouldn't make saves until after you launched a game are you sure you upgraded the firmware correctly?
The savefile should have the same name as the game. Example pokemon.3ds with pokemon.sav start over with formating sd card fat32 64kb cluster which is largest possible. And follow sky3ds website instructions

I know, right ? I had an other flashcard for the nds games and I remember the files were not like this. I followed every step of the sky3ds+ correctly. It supposed to be simple. Just put the latest firmware in your micro sd card, put the card into the sky3ds+, connect the sky3ds+ to the pc with the little cable, wait until the card stops flashing light. That's it. You can't mess it up. And yes I formated my sd card with EaseUs partition in FAT32 64kb cluster and primary. I have no idea what I did wrong

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know, right ? I had an other flashcard for the nds games and I remember the files were not like this. I followed every step of the sky3ds+ correctly. It supposed to be simple. Just put the latest firmware in your micro sd card, put the card into the sky3ds+, connect the sky3ds+ to the pc with the little cable, wait until the card stops flashing light. That's it. You can't mess it up. And yes I formated my sd card with EaseUs partition in FAT32 64kb cluster and primary. I have no idea what I did wrong
Use a different formater i used guiformat32

Minamii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
New arm9 and arm11 explous just came out, allowing you to downgrade your 3ds to 2.1, install a custom firmware, and upgrade back up again. Them you can either download roms from that uso site in installable cia format, or use tikshop or freeshop to download the titles directly from the nintendo servers to your 3ds. The process to perform this is linked here: https://3ds.guide. if you have any questions ask here, as it's always better to have access to people who have successfully went through the guide for help.

Okay so for the first time I was able to have the homebrew launcher ! This method is new, right ? because a month ago I tried everything to get there.
.. Now what ? x)

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried, but for some reason it says it failed because the driver is used by another program orsomething like that,which it is not ! ><
That happens. Right click in the drive disable autoplay then eject media and reinsert memory card/reader to usb

Minamii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Click it, it takes you to the next step.

Okay so.. I did the next step, but then it says "launch safehax" in the homebrew and when I do, the screen goes black and I can't do anything. But, I have in the homebrew's menu Decrypt9WIP "folder thingy". But when I click it the screen changes colour for a sec and I see part of a text on the upper screen, then it goes back to the homebrew launcher. Is that what it was supposed to do ? I tried to do the next step but nothing is happenig x.x

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so.. I did the next step, but then it says "launch safehax" in the homebrew and when I do, the screen goes black and I can't do anything. But, I have in the homebrew's menu Decrypt9WIP "folder thingy". But when I click it the screen changes colour for a sec and I see part of a text on the upper screen, then it goes back to the homebrew launcher. Is that what it was supposed to do ? I tried to do the next step but nothing is happenig x.x
Did you launch fasthax first? Run fasthax, then safehax, then decrypt9

Minamii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Did you launch fasthax first? Run fasthax, then safehax, then decrypt9
Erm.. Because I don't see it in the menu of the homebrew.. ? Why is everything so complicated x.x Ok so I looked into the zip file safehax + fasthax. The fasthax files are in the 3ds/safehax/source/fasthax. Is that normal ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Lol K3N1.