awssk8er

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I got it a while ago, and never had time to post this.

I had a Blackberry for a long time. Loved it, but wanted something new. Something that you could actually do stuff with besides browse the web and check e-mails. Lol.

I've always wanted a phone that could run android, and I'm a pretty big gamer, I'd say, so I figured the Xperia would be good for me. I wanted a phone with the android OS mainly for emulators, but can't stand touch screen controls (YEAH YOU! IPHONE! GET OUTTA HERE!). And the exclusives for the phone are nice too.

Short summary:
Pros:
- Runs android.
- Battery is good.
- Size. I thought it would be thicker.
- Game pad. Wasn't how I thought it would feel. No complaints about it though.
- Phone is fast as hell. Tested it against my friend's iPhone 4 on a Google search. Destroyed him. Different providers though, so there's variables.
- Emulators run great. Work great with the gamepad. The analog sensors don't work with them (Yet).
- Camera is amazing. Inner camera is good too.
- Sliding mechanism works perfectly. It's fun to play with too.

Cons:
- The notification light. It's on the top, and almost on the back of the phone. I have no idea what they were thinking.
- It's build is fine, and great in my opinion. My friend says he thinks it feels cheap compared to his HTC Thunderbolt.
- I don't see this as a con either, but my friends say they prefer the four buttons at the bottom to be touch activated instead of real buttons. I have no preference.

Eh, pretty much it. I'm loving the phone, and I'm not a fan of touch screen typing at all. There are many different keyboards you could pick, but I stuck with the default one. Android makes it really easy to type.

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you completely forgot about the playstation suite that's supposedly going to be revealed soon

you also forgot to mention only 1 PSX game available, and the 5 other preinstalled games

also the general lack of quality games made for the Xperia Play, right now it's basically just an emulator phone

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I just don't like the fact that its pretty much bulkier than many other current phones.

Also, this phone is quite costly. S$428 with a 2 year contract (if i'm not wrong).
frown.gif

But other than that, this phone is brilliant.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: I always thought that capcom shuffled the games in these collection, but apparently they are all...