Gaming My PSP 3000 can't load CFWE 3.51 or 5.03 GEN-A Anymore?

Spartan117H3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried going back to GEN-A from CFWE but all it did when I clicked reboot was black screen, freeze, and turn off. Then, I tried staying with CFWE but it did the same, I think me flashing GEN-A conflicted with what CFWE already flashed? Anyways, I can't run either one now but I can use ChickHEN. Any ideas on what I should try? Is there any way I can clear what both of the CFW wrote into the flash?

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Did you back up your flash0 before you started flashing the new CFWE files?

Spartan117H3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, I did not, I didn't know how to. Is there any way I can still fix my PSP? I've seen a couple of options on a website but none of them seem to work because they either need a backup of flash 0 or CFWE to be enabled which I don't have either. I see another option which is to install later ofw but that can't exactly be done considering I'm on a PSP 3000, I'd have to wait till another expilot. Is it possible to reinstall OFW 5.03? I figure there should be another way just in case something does go wrong. Should I try downgrading my CFWE version? I don't want to damage my PSP any further but if it's worth a try and shouldn't be any more problematic than what I have now, why not?

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
The FIX!
what i did to fix my psp2k ta 088v3
1. Format ur PSP Memory Stick using the PSP itself whilst on OFW
2. RESET the psp to factorymode
3. Download an Official ChickHEN R2 Package made by Davee and davee's chickhen only not any modded packs or what ever
4. This step may take a lil while but try too run the HEN in any way u want just dont use the Modded Ones
5. Put the m33 CFWEnabler v1.0 on the Memory stick dont try the newer versions just try v1.0 Flash it too ur Flash0
5. Get the 2.10 Version Flash it too ur flash0
6. And last but not at least Flash the 2.51 version on the PSP's Flash0

I'm guessing you'd then update to CFWE 3.60

Spartan117H3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, erm should I back up my flash0 after step 6? I don't really get how it would make my flash back into the origional files. Also, to reset your PSP to factory mode, it means go to Settings->System->Restore Default Settings? Also, is formatting my memory stick intended to wipe off the bad things off of my memory stick or is it to just run ChickHEN/CFWE only? I have a few memory sticks and I figure it would suffice if that were the case. I was wondering because I'd need to back up my memory stick before I format it.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Unless you manually erase all the new flashed files you'll never have a factory restored PSP now you've messed with these temporary firmwares. Yes Restore Defaults is what that guide is referring to. Formatting the stick is just intended to start you off fresh. Using a new MS instead which has been formatted is just the same. Regular back-ups is never a bad thing.

Spartan117H3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great, CFWE 1.0 says my PSP isn't PSP 2000, exiting. So I guess I can't use this method.

Wow, apparently I just fixed it by uninstalling CFWE and reinstalling it by holding the R button. I figured out how to after looking it up. Anyways, is there any way to uninstall GEN A? From what I've looked up, there isn't a way, I'm trying to remove all CFW crap off my flash0 and then back it up/reinstall the CFW. Does anyone know what files are put into flash by GEN A and or CFWE?

Upon trying to run GEN A so I can try to find a way to uninstall it from flash, same thing happens, black screen and crash.

I'm going to back up my Flash0 right now, with CFWE installed. Should I back up only Flash 0 or all of the flash sections?

After backing up my flash0, it seems that nothing is written into it because all the files' properties say that they were all modified on the same date and same time and is dated at 3/19/09, I think before ChickHEN 09 was created, did I back up the wrong thing or is it hidden?

I still want to be able to run GEN A by the way so if anyone knows how to uninstall it or remove flash files from it, tell me.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Why do you want 5.03 GEN rather than 3.60 CFWEnabler? The latter is updated far more frequently and to an observer would seem the superior choice of the two.

Spartan117H3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been trying to run CXMB but it seems the plugin line gets deleted whenever I run CFWE so I wanted to try GEN. However, other plugins run fine. The Unofficial CXMB v2 says it's made specifically for GEN so I was planning to try it to see if it was either a problem with CXMB or if it was a problem with GEN.

In any case, I want to delete GEN off my flash0 so I can have a clean backup of my flash0 instead of having corrupted GEN files.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: