My Poor DS....

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Gohobojoe, Apr 2, 2012.

Apr 2, 2012

My Poor DS.... by Gohobojoe at 5:24 AM (789 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. Gohobojoe
    OP

Member Gohobojoe GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    My poor DSLite. I'm already experiencing the L button not working, I've gotten used to that fact that whatever keeps the screen in position has been worn away a lot, and now the connection to the top screen is getting messed up every so often. It looks like the screen is completely black, but there are actually only a couple pixels that have color. Luckily, moving the screen a bit fixes that...

Oh, my DSLite, you've done well over the past couple years, but now you're nearing your end...

2. Midna

Banned Midna Banned

Albania
    Time for a 3DS? Kid Icarus Uprising just came out you know

1 person likes this.
  3. BORTZ

Global Moderator BORTZ wtf, nintendo

United States
    Sell that crap and do as Midna says!

4. AlanJohn

Member AlanJohn くたばれ

Ukraine
    I know that feel bro.
    My DSi died last year (its upper-screen, but it doesn't matter since I cant afford a replacement).
    The worst part was that I was finishing Ace Attorney, and I still haven't finished it :sad:

1 person likes this.
  5. Maxwellp

Newcomer Maxwellp Newbie

United States
    I know how you feel. My Lite has a dead lower left section of the touchscreen so some games can't be played on it well unless I calibrate it wrong. The hinge broke and nobody is owning up to it, so now the top screen holds itself up with some duct tape. I'm now considering trading my dsi for a new black ds lite.

6. Bobbyloujo

Member Bobbyloujo I am a millipede, I am amazing.

United States
    Yeah, the hinge on my first DS Lite as well as the R button broke. Seems to be a common problem with them. My DSi is still going strong though. I only use my current DS Lite for specific purposes regarding homebrew and game backups; I never actually play it.

7. Fubuki-Shirou

Member Fubuki-Shirou GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    I still have my DS LIte, working very well, except for the microphone thingy, which is broken.

8. Xarsah16

Member Xarsah16 GBATemp's Official Village Dingus/Idiot

I feel bad for you..

I once saw a kid with half, yes, playing the bottom half of his DS lite. More specifically, he was playing Pokemon Leaf Green for GBA, because apparantly the GBA slot still worked. It's a shame they took those out of the newer DSs, though I see why because of the increase in technology and the cost of putting the hardware in, etc.

At least his lower half wasn't completely useless. I've had the hinge break twice on the DSL, and once on the DSi, along with a broken R button as the result of a fall. Not fun.