1. pleasehelpme2

OP pleasehelpme2 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    One day I'm looking at photos and the next day it says my photo viewer is gone please find one on the Microsoft store, so I go there and try to install one but it doesn't work. Anyone got any fixes?

2. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer
    Reporter

United Kingdom
    Did you run any optimisation scripts?

I am not so familiar with all the current ones but sometimes such things will remove things that either view photos (granted the windows 10 one is awful, would almost rather be back in Windows 95 times than use that) or generate thumbnails to help speed machines up or dodge certain issues.

Anyway I kind of like irfanview's photo viewing setups
    https://www.irfanview.com/
    Their batch image editors are great as well.
    The program itself looks somewhat old but it really does well.

You can also install it via https://ninite.com/ if you want that sort of thing (Microsoft Store is not something I take any pleasure in using, ninite has installed 99% of the Windows systems I have done for many years now).

3. pleasehelpme2

OP pleasehelpme2 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I thinking maybe it was something I installed accidentally or something. Either way is what you're recommending safe? As I use a family computer for most of my stuff.

4. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer
    Reporter

United Kingdom
    I try not to suggest malware. Generally reflects badly on me and the site as I nominally represent it.

It has however been going since 1996 and while it is a bit clunky it is never the less what I go to myself when I need a basic viewer and image manipulator, be it for myself or for a client that maybe does not know computers so well*. It is not going to replace photoshop, gimp, lightroom, inkscape or the like with fancy RAW images from a big boy camera but if you mainly end up manipulating JPG, PNG and the like from a phone/camera/webcam/internet galleries it does wonderfully.

*some time back. Was my grandma's funeral/wake. I helped scan in a bunch of images and then all I needed to do was put them on a laptop and have a little slideshow. Windows XP would have done that but seemingly not 10. Irfanview comes in and makes me a nice simple exe file I can leave on the desktop and click to display random images from it until stopped. Oh and that was over remote control 8 time zones away.

5. alexander1970

Austria
    Hello.:)

I think you need it for Windows 10.
    Maybe this helps you:
    https://www.winhelponline.com/blog/restore-windows-photo-viewer-windows-10/

Good luck
    Thank you.:)

6. hizperion

hizperion Newbie
    Newcomer

Malaysia
    this happened after the recent Windows update. the guide above fixed it, thanks.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - disappeared, viewer, photo