Hardware My Nintendo Switch crash and shutdown directly...

Xyphoseos

Hack or no games
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello, I've a problem : when I play splatoon 2 or pokken (I don't test with my others games for now), my switch turn off itself, directly (and yes without the battery screen too)
I don't know what's the problem
The only things I do with my switch is enter in HBL and RCM with a cable that link the pin and the fan (touch the metal, not in)
An idea ?
It happen (overnight?) :(

Reactions: MK73DS

Selim873

Nunnayobeesnes
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe it messed with the battery reader? Someone had this issue and this is what I saw that solved it.

Charge it overnight. Then boot up a demanding game like Zelda. Have the Switch run on battery until it completely drains it. Even when it shouldn't. Charge it again, drain the battery again. It'll recalibrate the battery reader so it'll stop shutting down when it shouldn't.

Personally I've never had a battery issue and I've used Linux several times on my Switch, but it's something to keep in mind just in case it happens.

Reactions: Xyphoseos

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You might be getting battery bug that lot of people report after testing Linux... Their console shut down at random battery indication and some can only now play a few time until the console shut off...

If you can open up your switch, remove the battery plug, press power button for a few seconds, then plug the battery connector in and do a full cycle on the battery to see if it fixes your problem...

EDIT: And in case you havent tested Linux which you did, it could have been a hardware problem, maybe overheating or bad defective Switch, or bad battery...

Last edited by guily6669,

Xyphoseos

Hack or no games
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You might be getting battery bug that lot of people report after testing Linux... Their console shut down at random battery indication and some can only now play a few time until the console shut off...

If you can open up your switch, remove the battery plug, press power button for a few seconds, then plug the battery connector in and do a full cycle on the battery to see if it fixes your problem...
To be sure I understand, I shutdown the switch I charge it ?

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be sure I understand, I shutdown the switch I charge it ?
that does nothing, neither RCM mode... The only fix for now really seems like opening the console and disconnecting the battery plug inside the Switch motherboard and press power button for a few seconds just to speed up the capacitors discharging so that the Switch is completely out of power and resets everything, then connect the battery again, turn on the console, play until it shut down then completely charge it while turning off for like 6 hours and do another full cycle so that the console can learn the battery status and be calibrated and see if that fixes your problem...

Heres the other thread:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/battery-problem-after.502213/

Last edited by guily6669,

MK73DS

Non-commutative algebra
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
France

EDIT: And in case you havent tested Linux which you did, it could have been a hardware problem, maybe overheating or bad defective Switch, or bad battery...

Many thanks !
You saved me :D

Is it necessary to put back a new thermal paste after opening the metal baclplate ?

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the backplate paste is not the most important thing, but, if it was me I would profit from the situation and change the SOC thermal compound for something like Artic MX-4 and enjoy better cooling, less fan noise, less lag and maybe a few minutes more of battery from the lower fan speeds.

But remember you have to put thermal compound in 4 areas or 3 if you use thermal thin pads.

Under the thin copper shim, above it, above ram chips (better to use thermal pads there) and a huge amount all over the copper heat pipe to transfer even more heat for the backplate.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKyNPg7UIIc