Hacking My new 3DS XL don't want to turn on after installing and playing CIA games

Katsukuten

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,

As written in the title, my 3DS don't want to turn on after playing CIA games, more precisely, the blue light appears but disappears after 2 seconds. I tried without my SD card, same problem, except that the blue light disappears after <0.5 seconds. I can't access the GodeMode9 menu and the Rosalina menu either. Before installing CIA games, my 3DS worked perfectly, there were my cfw software and preinstalled software on the home screen. If anyone wants more precision, or I wasn't clear, please respond.

Thanks for your help.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Assuming this is a recent custom firmware installation:
Quick-and-dirty test:
Try booting with another FAT32 formatted SD containing nothing but boot.firm from latest Luma3DS release.

If you are unsure which version of B9S (or even if A9LH -- although you mentioned Rosalina -- just for sake of completeness) is installed refer to this post. Following all the links and reading all that stuff takes time -- but this is a good method to ensure there is no problem with the SD.

Last edited by KleinesSinchen,

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Did you try a forum search, at all? Come back once you've tried everything that's already on the forum regarding the 2/3DS and blue light and it's still not working. But I'm kinda leaning towards you having not even tried to look before asking.

https://gbatemp.net/search/42237816...vance&c[node]=198+199+200+275+201+296+242+234
Why so unfriendly? A search will give countless confusing results and will not necessarily help a beginner (I guess beginner because of preinstalled CFW). Most of the top results of your search are semi-relevant for this case at best.

We have had countless threads about "Failed to apply 1 Firm patch(es)" and "Arm11 exception process PM". If I have don't have intention to help and just feel like saying: "Use search!" or "Google it!", I simply don't bother replying.

Hopefully another SD with boot.firm does the trick -- but it is not always that easy.

Katsukuten

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Assuming this is a recent custom firmware installation:
Quick-and-dirty test:
Try booting with another FAT32 formatted SD containing nothing but boot.firm from latest Luma3DS release.

If you are unsure which version of B9S (or even if A9LH -- although you mentioned Rosalina -- just for sake of completeness) is installed refer to . Following all the links and reading all that stuff takes time -- but this is a good method to ensure there is no problem with the SD.

Thanks for your answer,
do I have to use a brand new sd card, or one that has been already used before?

EDIT : I chose the second option, it still doesn't work, except that the blue light flashes for around one second (I think it's because of the sd card's storage, the biggest it is, the longer last the blue light).

Last edited by Katsukuten,

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why so unfriendly? A search will give countless confusing results and will not necessarily help a beginner (I guess beginner because of preinstalled CFW). Most of the top results of your search are semi-relevant for this case at best.

We have had countless threads about "Failed to apply 1 Firm patch(es)" and "Arm11 exception process PM". If I have don't have intention to help and just feel like saying: "Use search!" or "Google it!", I simply don't bother replying.

Hopefully another SD with boot.firm does the trick -- but it is not always that easy.

It's not unfriendly. It's teaching someone to try to do things on their own rather than just straight off asking someone else how to do something. It's no different than when I have my mother try figuring things out on her phone, rather than just doing it for her. She doesn't learn anything if I keep doing it for her and don't even push her to try on her own. Does that mean I was unfriendly to my mother? No. Not whatsoever. I'm actually being FAR more helpful. If you or anyone else took it as "unfriendly", that's on them. Not me.

Last edited by D34DL1N3R,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm doing fine, and you?
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    Im gonna see if I can find a ps4 to buy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    now that firm ware 11 supposedly is exploitable
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you see the fallout series
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is pretty good
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    an elder scrolls movie or show would be cool, but which elder scrolls game would it be based on?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh who am i kidding it'd be skyrim
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but,since they're only a few years apart, a morrowind + oblivion series would also be cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @AncientBoi, happy birthday