My Mother 3 save disappeared?

Discussion in 'EZ-Flash' started by Tokyo Jihen, Aug 21, 2010.

Aug 21, 2010
  1. Tokyo Jihen
    OP

Member Tokyo Jihen GBAtemp Regular

United States
    So I got my EZ Flash 3in1 a couple days ago and the first thing I did was flash Mother 3 to NOR and play it. I have it paired with an Acekard 2.1 and I turned on "Automatically backup saves on startup". For the past few days I have been playing and saving Mother 3 with no problems at all. But today, I go to load my game but the only options are "New Game" and "Sound Player", as if I never had a save on it. I checked the contents on my SD card and the Mother 3.gba.sav was right there. What happened and how do I prevent this from happening again? I read that you need to manually backup saves from NOR but I thought auto-backup saves would do the job?

2. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    autobackup only applys to the first reboot for NOR, if you continue using NOR mode you have to manually backup every time after the first time.

3. Tokyo Jihen
    OP

United States
    But I saved it and played at least 6 times, and I never backed it up manually. Does this mean after every play I must go to Mother 3.gba.sav, go to its properties, and back up the save(or do I back up the gba.sav.bak?)

Thanks for your reply [​IMG]

4. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    You seem to be one of those people who NEVER backs up anything until you lose everthing, then complain about it being not your fault you don't back up regularly.

Backup your saves often, make it a habit.

5. Tokyo Jihen
    OP

United States
    Yeah, that's me, except that I don't complain about it. Luckily it's only happened to me twice. Thanks [​IMG]