Homebrew My Moonshell is mute...

Aaronius

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all. I seem to be having a problem with my Moonshell 2.10... it doesn't have sound. The buttons SFX work, but when I put on music or vids, they won't work...

I'm using R4 Kernel 1.18 and I'm using said mshl v2.10. I think it's the lite pack. Any suggestions?

Aaronius

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By alternate loader, do you mean YSmenu? I haven't tried that yet. It looks confusing, imo, and i was putting it off.

I haven't tried DLDI patching it either. I suppose I could give it a shot.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
xD I meant the alternate loader for moonshell2. There should be a file called moonshl2_AltLoader_DKPr27.nds in your original download. Supposedly that is supposed to fix the no sound problem for certain cards (DSTT, R4, and something else I think)

Aaronius

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok. I'll give that a try
smile.gif
Thanks jurassicplayer and Xenon++. I'll let ya know if it works
smile.gif

Aaronius

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok. the alt loader worked. But There's another problem that the MS has. The labels are all wierd. The menu that comes up when you press start has "SyMenu_" before every item on the list. The same goes for all the submenus. with "CSG_***", "

Jarige

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I might be a little late on this, but the language problem can be solved by renaming /moonshl2/language/messages.000 to /moonshell2/language/messages.007.

The original messages.007 should be backed up or removed. It's obsolete and I don't know why it made it to this new release.

Phew I started off changing the language file manually until I found out that messages.000 already contained the proper language file.

Also, thank you Xenon++ for pointing me to the no sound fix
biggrin.gif
I hope my language solution works for others
smile.gif

Xenon++

Taiju Yamada
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Jarige said:
I might be a little late on this, but the language problem can be solved by renaming /moonshl2/language/messages.000 to /moonshell2/language/messages.007.

The original messages.007 should be backed up or removed. It's obsolete and I don't know why it made it to this new release.

Phew I started off changing the language file manually until I found out that messages.000 already contained the proper language file.

Also, thank you Xenon++ for pointing me to the no sound fix
biggrin.gif
I hope my language solution works for others
smile.gif
You should send fully-translated .007 to Moonlight...

env

Trophies
XP
Country
This mute thing on moonshell only occurs me when I launch Image Viewer and press start there (it's to softreset back to MS2) and boom, no sound
wink2.gif
not a big deal though~

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
env said:
This mute thing on moonshell only occurs me when I launch Image Viewer and press start there (it's to softreset back to MS2) and boom, no sound
wink2.gif
not a big deal though~
That sounds like it might be the same reason why Xenon++ included an alternative voice rec to go back to the alternative MS2 loader.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: sometimes to the point of thanking me for my quick actions etc against spam and other stuff, but...