My Moonshell is mute...

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Aaronius, Mar 13, 2010.

Mar 13, 2010

My Moonshell is mute... by Aaronius at 10:19 PM (2,926 Views / 0 Likes) 11 replies

1. Aaronius
    OP

Newcomer Aaronius Member

United States
    Hey all. I seem to be having a problem with my Moonshell 2.10... it doesn't have sound. The buttons SFX work, but when I put on music or vids, they won't work...

I'm using R4 Kernel 1.18 and I'm using said mshl v2.10. I think it's the lite pack. Any suggestions?

2. jurassicplayer

Member jurassicplayer Completionist Themer

United States
    Did you already try using the alternate loader? Try patching that with the dldi (maybe try both of them, never been able to try it myself) and using that.

3. Aaronius
    OP

Newcomer Aaronius Member

United States
    By alternate loader, do you mean YSmenu? I haven't tried that yet. It looks confusing, imo, and i was putting it off.

I haven't tried DLDI patching it either. I suppose I could give it a shot.

4. jurassicplayer

United States
    xD I meant the alternate loader for moonshell2. There should be a file called moonshl2_AltLoader_DKPr27.nds in your original download. Supposedly that is supposed to fix the no sound problem for certain cards (DSTT, R4, and something else I think)

5. Xenon++

Member Xenon++ Taiju Yamada

Japan
  6. Aaronius
    OP

Newcomer Aaronius Member

United States
    Ok. I'll give that a try [​IMG] Thanks jurassicplayer and Xenon++. I'll let ya know if it works [​IMG]

7. Aaronius
    OP

Newcomer Aaronius Member

United States
    Ok. the alt loader worked. But There's another problem that the MS has. The labels are all wierd. The menu that comes up when you press start has "SyMenu_" before every item on the list. The same goes for all the submenus. with "CSG_***", "

8. Xenon++

Japan
    Is the language file ok?

9. Jarige

Newcomer Jarige Newbie

Netherlands
    I might be a little late on this, but the language problem can be solved by renaming /moonshl2/language/messages.000 to /moonshell2/language/messages.007.

The original messages.007 should be backed up or removed. It's obsolete and I don't know why it made it to this new release.

Phew I started off changing the language file manually until I found out that messages.000 already contained the proper language file.

Also, thank you Xenon++ for pointing me to the no sound fix [​IMG] I hope my language solution works for others [​IMG]

10. Xenon++

Japan
    You should send fully-translated .007 to Moonlight...

11. env

Member env GBAtemp Regular

Philippines
    This mute thing on moonshell only occurs me when I launch Image Viewer and press start there (it's to softreset back to MS2) and boom, no sound [​IMG] not a big deal though~

12. jurassicplayer

United States
    That sounds like it might be the same reason why Xenon++ included an alternative voice rec to go back to the alternative MS2 loader.