My modded 3ds sometimes doesn't start?

filtering_generic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sometimes my 3ds won't boot into the menu, one of the blue light turns on but the yellow one won't and it will just stay on a black screen. I can fix this by opening it up and unplugging the wifi chip, but i'm wondering if there is a better and more permanent way to fix this or is this as good as it gets?

zeldaxlink64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sometimes my 3ds won't boot into the menu, one of the blue light turns on but the yellow one won't and it will just stay on a black screen. I can fix this by opening it up and unplugging the wifi chip, but i'm wondering if there is a better and more permanent way to fix this or is this as good as it gets?
It sounds like the Wifi chip may have died. In order to confirm this, you will need to successfully boot, then try to access the Internet browser and see if you get an error message.

If that is the case, you will need to replace it.

filtering_generic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It sounds like the Wifi chip may have died. In order to confirm this, you will need to successfully boot, then try to access the Internet browser and see if you get an error message.

If that is the case, you will need to replace it.
Well the wifi chip works because i can connect to the internet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Andy didn't get any catholic toys because they wouldn't go limp when they saw him