Homebrew My life and homebrew

gangsterboi

OP
Trophies
Website
www.europe-nintendo.com
XP
Country
Well have you given it a thought to try out producing DShomebrew? I cerntainly have. I became interested before the gbatemp bounty thing and wanted to create my own ultra replacement firmware inspired by dsision. But sadly gave up hope of that after 4 months of painful work and not getting any thurther than dsorganise. I was looking for inspiration; after making a simply platformer for my sister, I thought of making a pokemon platformer. However this was more complex than I had imagined, I wanted to include a battle system like the official pokemon games but you use the four attacks against enemies in the level. Kind of like how mario jumps on goomba's, the pokemon you are would use thunderbolt on a enemy pokemon. This was definetly a too hard challenge to complete, but I logged the idea's if I wanted to take it thurther later. So now, I want to do something pokemon related, I have decided to take up...

23kfe54.jpg

PoketoolsDS

The project will probably look like the 1st screen I took today, I started it today by the way, and will have basic pokemon tools for trainers use.
What do you think?

------------------------

So thats my story with dshomebrew, what's you story with homebrew?

JDandy

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
gangsterboi said:
So thats my story with dshomebrew, what's you story with homebrew?

I wanted something on the DS, yet nobody would make it. So I doodled around in paLIB untill I made something which could pass for a game (it was still not up to the standard I wanted). It then generated some interest on the internet. Then I dropped it (like I said I would). And then people made what I wanted! And now I am happy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-