My house is probably safe, but...

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by shadowboy, Oct 26, 2007.

Oct 26, 2007
  1. shadowboy
    OP

Member shadowboy :D

United States
    We are stuck in this lame ass evacuee campground (NO INTERNET!!!! I'm at starbucks right now), and the fire is going the opposite way from our home. School is postponed indefinitly. [​IMG]
    But the worst part is that my R4s computer micosd thing broke, so I can't put megaman and naruto and all those on it. And I can't dl victorious boxers or CoN: Wii from this starbucks internet either. >_>
    I'm pissed, I want to play them. All and all tho, we're alive, and thats what matters.

PS Anyone want to mail me a microsd reader or a 1-4 gig microsd/ memorystick pro duo? I can't fit all the games I want to fit into my current one, hell, I can't even play ff7 T_T

2. snakeslash

Newcomer snakeslash Member

United States
    thats good. I live in Southren Cali. Only thing in my area right now is smoke... it smells horrible outside.

I just graduated... so I dont need to go to school everyday XD im just being a lazy ass today, gettin my hair cut and stuff like that....... I bought NCONR its awesome.

3. Psyfira

Member Psyfira Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue

United Kingdom
    Good to hear you guys are okay [​IMG] I've been following the fires online and looking at the photos, it must be really surreal to see the areas around where you live go up in flames like that. Some of those mountain photos are just scary [​IMG]

4. amptor

Banned amptor Banned

United States
    this happens every few years right.. always amazes me how people continue living in dangerous areas but you gotta do what you gotta do.. good to hear about the house being safe, now that R4 on the other hand..man.. flimsy product I guess, however mine never leaves my console and also my spring works fine..not sure how u guys break these copiers so much. I still remember back in snes days hearing about all the broken pro fighters, that made a bit of sense but then the broken wildcards... just means to me that people don't take care of their stuff.

5. ozzyzak

Member ozzyzak GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    People move up there to get away from city life. It's something I've considered. There are advantages to living in places like that. It's also the same reason they rebuilt New Orleans.

6. notnarb

Member notnarb Not narbing it up

NO SCHOOL WOOO!

edit: it doesn't happen every few years, its just happened twice in the past 5 years and it's been proven that many of the separate fires that popped up were caused by arsonists.

7. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    I'll mail you the card reader that came with my M3 Simply if you want it. It's the crappy little transparent blue model, but it works. Let me know soon, and I can get it in the mail tomorrow.

8. Taras

Member Taras I'm Not Hating, I'm Just Sayin'

United States
    Malibu on fire = Teh funniez

San Diego on fire = the sux0r

Hope everything is okay with y'all.

9. moggymatt

Member moggymatt GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    wow thats nice of you. +karma for u...

Suck about the fires (as much as I like fire) must be surreal like Psyfira said. It seems to happen more and more, but I guess that the reporting is so easy nowadays. A lot of 'bush' fire are started by people, its crazy how quickly it spreads and gets out of control.