Hardware My HDMI Predicament

McWhiters9511

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So recently I purchased an HDMI to HDMI splitter which took one input and provided 2 output. It works great and I've been using it for a while without a problem. I recently also bought a HDMI to HDMI + Audio output to I can use my switch and pc both with their own set of speakers even though they use the same monitor. Both work independently just fine. But together I am unable to get my switch video, which is being split from the audio, to go to my monitor.
409530-Untitled.png
In the first setup on the left, my pc video reaches my monitor only. on the second setup neither do. Clearly it seems to be a problem with using the audio splitter. Does anyone have some suggestions to get both working, or is splitting twice just too much?

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Not a solution to your problem, I know I know... but perhaps you could take the Switch audio out directly from the headphone connector in the Switch?

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He said he has no speaker output port on the monitor.
I thought he was strictly referring to the monitor not having speakers built in, whoops

I'm a little confused by your wording vs the diagram you drew, did you mean 2 inputs and one output for the splitter? Or is it bidirectional and you've been successfully using it backwards?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought he was strictly referring to the monitor not having speakers built in, whoops

I'm a little confused by your wording vs the diagram you drew, did you mean 2 inputs and one output for the splitter? Or is it bidirectional and you've been successfully using it backwards?

Audio cable wise , it would be one input to the speaker and two output to connect to the speaker, and two male to male 3.5mm audio cables.

Attachments

• 9222307_sa.jpg
    9222307_sa.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 78
  • kramer_c_a35m_a35m_25_3_5mm_male_to_3_5mm_1020482.jpg
    kramer_c_a35m_a35m_25_3_5mm_male_to_3_5mm_1020482.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 59

McWhiters9511

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

yea sry about that i mixed up the wording. the 'splitter' is more of a switch i guess. its taking 2 hdmi cables and providing one output with a button to switch between them

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yea sry about that i mixed up the wording. the 'splitter' is more of a switch i guess. its taking 2 hdmi cables and providing one output with a button to switch between them
Ok, that makes a bit more sense

Hm.

So, again, clarifying, they both work perfectly on their own, and it also works if you put the audio splitter before the input switch, but not if you put the input switch first?

McWhiters9511

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, that makes a bit more sense

Hm.

So, again, clarifying, they both work perfectly on their own, and it also works if you put the audio splitter before the input switch, but not if you put the input switch first?
work independently but if either go through the audio hdmi splitter, it seems to not work

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some splitter are picky about what they can output, I have six devices connected to two 3 output to one input HDMI, that I had to play around to the video to go through in all six, the problem might be the two output one input splitter you are using.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs