Gaming My first Switch (couple Questions)

Juicex3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I brought a old Switch with the SerialNumb: XAJ7000111xxxx
Firmware Version: 11.0.1
It seems it is unpatched and i can install CFW on it.

I tested if the Switch is banned but i can access into e shop.
So it is not banned.

My question is:

It is OK to have legit e shop games or savegames/dlcs on a SD Card that have CFW on it?
When its not, so i need 2 SD Cards?

Because i dont wanna get banned.

Paniio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
That would be safe (if you're using emunand) but obviously we never know and Nintendo *may* ban you one day but that's the safest bet you have .. emunand that's not connected to the internet and sysnand for legit games

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I brought a old Switch with the SerialNumb: XAJ7000111xxxx
Firmware Version: 11.0.1
It seems it is unpatched and i can install CFW on it.

I tested if the Switch is banned but i can access into e shop.
So it is not banned.

My question is:

It is OK to have legit e shop games or savegames/dlcs on a SD Card that have CFW on it?
When its not, so i need 2 SD Cards?

Because i dont wanna get banned.
That all depends on what you want to do with it. If you want to pirate games, for example, you should make an offline emuMMC (with Incognito installed) and do all your piracy there. You don't need a separate SD card.

Paniio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
That all depends on what you want to do with it. If you want to pirate games, for example, you should make an offline emuMMC (with Incognito installed) and do all your piracy there. You don't need a separate SD card.
if its permanently offline there's no need for incognito on emunand .. even then 90dns (self hosted) would be better as incognito wipes your prodinfo

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if its permanently offline there's no need for incognito on emunand .. even then 90dns (self hosted) would be better as incognito wipes your prodinfo
There have been cases of people saying they were going to keep the emuMMC offline but it accidentally being connected to the internet, so 90DNS or Incognito are recommended on any dirty eMMC.

Paniio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
There have been cases of people saying they were going to keep the emuMMC offline but it accidentally being connected to the internet, so 90DNS or Incognito are recommended on any dirty eMMC.
True.. but it's also their fault for not using airplane mode

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not only just Airplane mode, but just don't link a wifi at all to be safe. But that's basically self banning yourself anyways.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
True.. but it's also their fault for not using airplane mode
Not only just Airplane mode, but just don't link a wifi at all to be safe. But that's basically self banning yourself anyways.
Yes, but then that also means you can't use the internet for things like Tinfoil shops, etc. Something like Incognito is still recommended on a dirty sysMMC or emuMMC that you absolutely don't want going online.

Reactions: BigOnYa

Paniio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Yes, but then that also means you can't use the internet for things like Tinfoil shops, etc. Something like Incognito is still recommended on a dirty sysMMC or emuMMC that you absolutely don't want going online.
I have 90dns on my dirty emunand and I got my sysnand clean for the 2 cart games I own and warframe which is f2p.. no problems so far (same SD card)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sorry I sat on them when they were open
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    eeewww
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I thought it was the toilet
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    okies. Time to go watch YT paranormal ghost things. L8er my luvs :D
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got a massive clue
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    this mf def ain't watching ghost shit, he boutta beat his meat fr
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah he's about to be the ghost in your bedroom
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, and leave ectoplasm all over the place
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:

this is him being described
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I dislike the kind of drm where you have to play single player games online all the time bc of some verification bs
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Don't use games that have Easy Anti-Cheat as its been exploited many times.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, my PC can't run most AAA games so i wont
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Most of the modern AAA games
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I also heard one of the Prince of Persia games was so unfinished that it required the "24/7 online" drm so a puzzle could be done and the game could be finished. And that when the Ubisoft servers were closed the (cracked) game was impossible to finish or something like that
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, That's extra scummy. Ubisoft nowadays ship out incomplete games like Skull and Bones which was being worked on for nearly a decade now.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, i think they have been doing that since late 2000s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Either that or their old games were unfinished aswell but we can't notice it
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I like that games can be fixed after the fact, hate that it's being abused via beta tests... And DLC... I was a 7800 owner back in the day and loved Impossible Mission, turns out I couldn't beat it because it was actually impossible lol
    I never knew about it at the time but a fixed version was available but you had to mail in your broken copy lol
    So that version is semi rare
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: So that version is semi rare