My first question RetroArch and 4 button arcade.

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Reddpgd, Mar 18, 2014.

1. Reddpgd
    OP

Reddpgd Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 16, 2014
    Canada
    So let me start by saying that I'm amazed and very thankful for all the work that went into this little beauty of a program. I've been really enjoying it a great deal but I did notice a small problem that I'm having regarding arcade games specifically with the 4 button layout (avp, DD:som, and tower) when I play on my Wii.

I know this issue was asked about before. I found reference to it on page 61 of http://gbatemp.net/threads/retroarch-a-new-multi-system-emulator.333126/ asked by a member.

The reply given was that it was taken care of and will be in the new release. The date on those posts was just over a year ago (jan 2013).

I haven't found any other mention of it. I know that my homebrew is up to date. I assume since I downloaded RetroArch within the last week that is has been updated since a year ago on the homebrew browser list.

I've tried remapping with the classic controller setup as I primarily play with it but everything I try doesn't seem to generate a 4th button to allow me to "use" items.
    So what am I doing wrong?

2. Reddpgd
    OP

Reddpgd Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 16, 2014
    Canada
    alright so this morning I decided to sit down and make sure everything was, as I said up to date, well turns out I was a little wrong. when I'm in the Homebrew channel I checked the top right corner and it says 1.1.2 and IOS58 v24.32 so that's up to date I think. however my retroarch from the hbb is version 0.9.7.1 could this be the problem?
    I have found a download from file trip for version 1.0.0.1 it seems like a weird downloader though as if bits an exe program which always concerns me. at any rate are all my problems with 4 button arcade play related to me using an old version? why won't this update from hbb? every time I go there it doesn't offer a way to update.
    so I assume I dl the new version to my puter and then it over to my SD card apps and hopefully it all works out?

3. Charco

Charco GBAtemp Regular

Nov 5, 2012
    Reddpgd likes this.
  4. Reddpgd
    OP

Reddpgd Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 16, 2014
    Canada
    you are amazing. I can't believe that this was such a simple solution as me not having the newest update and to be blunt not knowing where to get the newest update.
    It may be a trivial problem to some but you really made me smile today when I tossed an oil flask on a goblin and watched him burn (DD:SOM)

Thankyou

5. Charco

Charco GBAtemp Regular

Nov 5, 2012
    No problem, RA has it's own support forum on that site. Check there for details on latest updates and additions to the Wii build. The version you are playing now only came out about a week ago :)