My first manga/anime drawing

Jasonage

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I got bored so just decided to start drawing. I know it isn't very good, so comments and criticism. would be appreciated.

MY FIRST TWO PICTURES.
http://i804.photobucket.com/albums/yy328/Jasonage/roar.png

http://i804.photobucket.com/albums/yy328/J...sonandSonic.png

My third attempt, experimenting more with clothing and facial features this time. The lines, are of course sharper on the paper, but I'm downloading Flash right now, so I can draw over and hopefully colour it
smile.gif

gbatempsamauri.png

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My friend is a rather good artist and is Asian. However, though, he hates anime drawings and says that they just make the eyes oversized because they lack skill to make a detailed face. This doesn't apply to you, however, since you didn't include eyes yet.

Also, what's with the cat ears?

Jasonage

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nerdii said:
Awesome-ness! Skillage! Any other compliment I can think of! EXCELLENT DRAWING!

Thankyou
smile.gif

Placeholder said:
Nice work
tongue.gif
I see you spent a long time getting the hair right. Good drawing!

Thanks, the hair didn't take that long actually
smile.gif

Psyfira said:
Pretty good for a first try
smile.gif
The nose is a bit too high on the face (take a look at this tutorial), and the arms look a bit too thin for the chest as well.

Yeah, I noticed that the arms were a bit off after I had scanned it in, I corrected it but can't be bothered to scan it in again at the moment.

QUOTE(jan777 @ Jul 25 2009, 12:49 PM) the ears kinda ruined it for me but, NICE JOB

Thanks, I added the ears as I was just experimenting with differnet kinds of facial features before I completed it, and didn't bother rubbing the ears out.

QUOTE(Guild McCommunist @ Jul 25 2009, 12:52 PM)
My friend is a rather good artist and is Asian. However, though, he hates anime drawings and says that they just make the eyes oversized because they lack skill to make a detailed face. This doesn't apply to you, however, since you didn't include eyes yet.

Also, what's with the cat ears?

Explained the ears above, I tried to avoid adding the eyes for that reason, I couldn't get them more natural looking.

Thanks for all the comments and constructive criticism guys
grog.gif

I'll probably scan the new one in later today, can anybody reccomend any good programs I could use to colour my drawings?

Jasonage

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ok, I was going to edit the old image, but it looked kind of messy anyway, so I drew another. I have lowered the nose, TRIED to fix the arms, and removed the ears. Could a moderator please add this new image to my first post please
smile.gif
. Also, how do I add spoiler tags to the picture, I managed to get the spoilers working but inside it just said [IM]http://i804.photobucket.com/albums/yy328/Jasonage/JasonandSonic.png[/IMG] in text.

JasonandSonic.png

iPikachu

C3's personal flamebot and fail artist
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
Jasonage said:
Ok, I was going to edit the old image, but it looked kind of messy anyway, so I drew another. I have lowered the nose, TRIED to fix the arms, and removed the ears. Could a moderator please add this new image to my first post please
smile.gif
. Also, how do I add spoiler tags to the picture, I managed to get the spoilers working but inside it just said [IM]http://i804.photobucket.com/albums/yy328/Jasonage/JasonandSonic.png[/IMG] in text.

JasonandSonic.png
lol, it should be not [IM]
also to add this image to your first page simply copy the url (with the

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Jasonage said:
I'll probably scan the new one in later today, can anybody reccomend any good programs I could use to colour my drawings?
For free software, take a look at GIMP or Paint.net (requires .net framework install). The most popular program is Photoshop, which is a commercial app and doesn't come cheap. There's also Paint Shop Pro, which isn't quite as popular but does the same job.

If you're on an older computer and experiencing performance issues then it's worth trying older versions of the software. The latest versions of Photoshop crawl on old PCs, but the older ones will still do everything you need.

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nice, Better than my first drawing... xDD.

Just as Psyfira said... You could use GIMP, Paint.NET. There is also PhotoShop (you can be a pirate and download it illegally xDD) and Paint Shop. Only thing is, you gotta pay for the last two unless you be all piratey and then get it that way.

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Big improvement. I like this one a lot better than your first two ones ^^. Swords are awesome... If you are experimenting, I recommend making the triangles on the sword bigger. I think I am too used to seeing the ones in animes xD

Jasonage

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Splych said:
Big improvement. I like this one a lot better than your first two ones ^^. Swords are awesome... If you are experimenting, I recommend making the triangles on the sword bigger. I think I am too used to seeing the ones in animes xD

Thanks, I wasn't really sure how to do weapons, so I just guessed.

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol