Gaming My fan has stopped working.

KalROFL

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ordered a replacement fan, and it too does not work. This leads me to believe that the three pins which supply power to the fan are no longer working. Is there some other way to power my 360 fan? If not, is there a way to fix the three pins which supply power to the fan?

KalROFL

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a method which does not require soldering?

Also, I've heard that getting power from the DVD power connector can damage the console in the long run. Is this true?

KalROFL

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I voided my warranty by flashing my DVD drive. I also did the xclamp fix, which means it's unlikely they'd believe I hadn't messed with it, even with the warranty sticker intact.

vergilite

GBATemps Regular Clown
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
its irony that we get so many free games of microsoft by modding but then when the console craps out we cant send it back to microsoft I HATE IRONY
dry.gif

p.s what ever you do dont try playing it without the fan i know it sounds obvious but unless you want red rings of death in like 10 min dont do it

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
just call microsoft and sent in your 360, if you get lucky you get a new console, if not then you can try to fix it again
tongue.gif

There are some voltage points you can use to power the fans.
I recommend 7volt, its a good balance between noise and cooling.

You can also replace the fan transistor but its a very small component so hard to solder
frown.gif

67birdman

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
jjc1992 said:
its irony that we get so many free games of microsoft by modding but then when the console craps out we cant send it back to microsoft I HATE IRONY
dry.gif

p.s what ever you do dont try playing it without the fan i know it sounds obvious but unless you want red rings of death in like 10 min dont do it
hahah yea, that's sad
wacko.gif

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
KalROFL said:
Is there a method which does not require soldering?

Also, I've heard that getting power from the DVD power connector can damage the console in the long run. Is this true?
Meh. Urban legends I guess. It should have more than enough capacity to support both.

Still, no method without soldering.

KalROFL

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone. I went out and got a soldering iron. I just want to make sure, it's red + brown on the 12V port, and black + blue on a ground, right? There appears to be a 12V connection on the mobo close to the GPU (it's right above a little circular... thing). It's in this picture, there's a red line drawn to it.

http://www.360-hq.com/images/tutorials/upl...55_Wire_run.jpg

Will that work? Thanks everyone.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill