Gaming My DS?..

SixtySixHundred

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Alright?

I changed the case on my DSlite yesterday and neglected/forgot to change a couple of things when I did. The result, is in the picture below...

Funky_DS.jpg

Now, I think it looks a bit dodgy, but my other half thinks it's unique and cool so I'm torn! Do I keep it the way it is? Or do I spend another couple of hours sorting it?

Also, has anyone done something similar? Pics please...
yaynds.gif

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
What were the things you neglected/forgot etc ??? ....

.... If it was the buttons - I actually quite like it (not sure if I'd like it if it was the other way round (Red Case/Black Buttons)

... If it was not putting the screw covers back on - I'd say, 'stick 'em back'.That part actually spoils the effect IMHO

SixtySixHundred

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh the screw covers are going back on. It was the screens I actually forgot to change to black. The buttons were also something I forgot...

I have a habit of getting 'good' ideas after a few beers!
laugh.gif

EDIT: I've got a before picture somewhere too, I'll upload it. It was originally red but the hinge predictably broke so I went black.
EDIT2: Can't find the stupid photo. Just find a pic of a red DSLite somewhere on t'internet and mine looked exactly like it! lol:

borka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I have the similar blue/white case (white screen border). I didn't forget it, but intentionally decided to leave it this way, since the top screen cover with the new case was a piece of crap. So, now I really like it being two-color.

And this one, black/red are just good - looks like a retro gameboy special edition
smile.gif

XXLANCEXX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dude you should make the outside Red and the inside black but keep the buttons and screen red lol
smile.gif

I made my nieces Pink and black top black bottom pink
tongue.gif

SixtySixHundred

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweet, I'm glad everyone likes it. Since I've put the rest of the screw covers on, I've warmed to it too.

It does look kinda retro, which is nice.

It's got a red stylus but the volume and power sliders are black.

Plus, now I don't have to spend hours sorting it!
yaynds.gif

D

Deleted User

I really like it, good job.

The Black/Red go together, reminds me of the NES controller.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it looks rather cool.
Certainly unique.

Replace the screw covers with the red ones (assuming that they're still with you and usable), I feel that it would enhance the effect... but mostly my OCD went haywire.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: 3 hours on a riding lawn mower, my butt is numb and my whole body is still vibrating. Gonna be a...