Hacking My DS Won't turn on. Need some help

Kahroo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so just a few days ago my DSLite won't tun on anymore. It has been fully charged. I know this cause the night nefore I charged it then the next day I was listening to music on it and then it shut off on me.

I'm not really sure what happen. I have been playing games with my R4 Ultra for almost a year now on it. So does anyone know anything that could help me repair it, or do I need to say goodbye and get a new one? And if I call Nintendo and say my DSLite no longer will turn and says they can repair it for me. Will they happen to know if I used a flashcart or anything on it?

DigitalDeviant

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
have you tried turning it on with the ac adapter plugged in? Also if you were to send it in nintendo wouldn't know if you used a flash cart or not because the ds doesn't store long term memory of carts, etc. Now if your foolish enough to send it in with the flash cart, thats a different story.

Kahroo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DigitalDeviant said:
have you tried turning it on with the ac adapter plugged in? Also if you were to send it in nintendo wouldn't know if you used a flash cart or not because the ds doesn't store long term memory of carts, etc. Now if your foolish enough to send it in with the flash cart, thats a different story.

I would never send in the flash cart too. And Yes I have turn on the DSL while the AC adaptor was it in. Do you think I should get a new battery for it?

lj44

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
your battery probably has died. if youve owned a ds for a long time, thats probably what happened. just look on the internet for a battery (dont buy old batteries of course)

Kahroo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lj44 said:
your battery probably has died. if youve owned a ds for a long time, thats probably what happened. just look on the internet for a battery (dont buy old batteries of course)

Yeah I thought that too. I'll try to get a new battery this week and tell you if it's that or something else. I don't have the money at the moment to spend on a new DS. And anyone know where to get a good reliable cheap battery from? Found one here that is cheap and seems reliable. http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.21123

jon92388

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if it would be the battery even if its plugged into the power supply it doesn't work? Shouldn't it still work if its plugged in? I know with like laptops if the battery isnt there and its plugged into a power source it still works I'm thinking the ds would be the same. Maybe later I will give it a try and tell you what I
find

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jon92388 said:
I don't know if it would be the battery even if its plugged into the power supply it doesn't work? Shouldn't it still work if its plugged in? I know with like laptops if the battery isnt there and its plugged into a power source it still works I'm thinking the ds would be the same. Maybe later I will give it a try and tell you what I
find

On the DS (lite, at least), if no battery is present it will not turn on when connected to AC. Inserting a battery fixes this.

Since the battery IS in, even if all the cells are 100% dead and unable to retain any charge at all, it would still complete the circuit and allow the ds to turn on.

Sounds to me like either the battery contact module busted somehow (unlikely I would think, unless he borked a casemod?) or it is a knockoff R4 that blew a fuse.

naved.islam14

Gbatemp's Official Dark Knight™
Trophies
XP
Country
I think you should just by a new battery or get your ds repaired.
yay.gif

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
naved.islam14 said:
I think you should just by a new battery or get your ds repaired.
yay.gif

A new battery won't do the trick. More likely the fuse is blown.

Either repair it yourself, or get a new DS. And replace the flashcart, as it may short circuit your DS again.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If your fuse is blown here are a few videos to repair it yourself
Best of luck
happy.gif

A suggested before, it's best to get a new flashcart since R4 clones have been known in the past to cause blown fuses.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wgy_QgVe4yA