geoffparker88

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everybody, I've got a big problem.

When using any flash cart on my DS lite (by any, I mean I have tried M3 DS Real and am currently trying CycloDS), upon playing most games, my fully charged DS Lite just randomly completely shuts off, as if it had completely run out of power. Sometimes it takes longer for this to happen than other times, but with the games it happens on, it ALWAYS happens. However, when I'm playing one of the games that this problem happens on, if I just set down the DS, and don't do a single thing or press a single button, it won't shut off or do anything bad until, of course, the power actually goes out on the system.

I bought the CycloDS, thinking it was just a problem with my M3 DS Real, but come to find out, the same damn thing happens with my newly bought flash cart. My newly bought $50 dollar flash cart, nonetheless... this is really pissing me off, as you can imagine.

But, with some games, neither the M3 DS Real nor the CycloDS shuts off. These are the following, that I have played so far, at least:

Mario Cart DS
The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks
Nintindogs
Super Mario 64 DS
Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword
Tetris DS
Picross DS
Space Invaders Extreme
Pokemon Soul Silver (although it did randomly freeze when using it on the M3, but that is different than the problem that I am having here)

...and that's about it. So, what the heck is going on here? Is it my DS Lite that is the problem? And if so, how do I fix it without having to buy another DS?

Help would be very greatly appreciated!

geoffparker88

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ChuckMcB said:
Are you using the same SD card in both the M3 DS Real and CycloDS?

Yes, I am. But why would that have anything to do with anything? And why do a select few games work, while most do not? That would be GREAT news if it were just my SD card! I wouldn't have to get a new DS, and I could give my M3 DS Real to my friend, since I have no use for two flash carts!

ChuckMcB

Trophies
Website
www.ds-xtra.com
XP
Country
As mattpucc says, start off with a format of your SD card (not sure how a reinstall of the firmware would help since you have used two different cards) If the format doesn't help grab a new SD card (even a dirt cheap one just for testing).

geoffparker88

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Porobu said:
It could be your battery that is not well connected

What do you mean? Please, if you could be very elementery with me, for I am a clueless noob!
wtf.gif

And once you explain to me what my battery is, how do I fix this problem if it indeed is the issue?

And, again, why do some games work, while most do not? It would make sense if all games didn't work, or all games did work, but with some working and most not working, that makes no sense!

Thanks!

geoffparker88

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For all of you advising that I buy a new micro SD card, since I am sorta impatient to see if it fixes the problem, can I pick one up at a place like Best Buy, Office Depot, or Staples, etc?

And, also, if it is any help, the SD card I have been using is a SanDisk 4GB Micro SDHC card, formated at FAT32. It came when I ordered my M3 DS Real. Does that shed any new light on anything?

tajio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried playing actual retail games on your DS? It may not be the flashcarts that are the problem it could be the console itself.
wink.gif

ChuckMcB

Trophies
Website
www.ds-xtra.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
For all of you advising that I buy a new micro SD card, since I am sorta impatient to see if it fixes the problem, can I pick one up at a place like Best Buy, Office Depot, or Staples, etc?
Yup, just buy any old one for testing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.