My cycloDS isn't reading my microSD

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by azorpatch, May 5, 2009.

May 5, 2009
  1. azorpatch
    OP

Newcomer azorpatch Member

Mexico
    It tells me it isn't formatted. I can understand that but the problem is that my PC isn't reading the microSD either.

It recognizes the USB reader and everything but it won't let me format it, not even with SD formatter. Anyone knows how to repair my microSD?

2. timehawk

Newcomer timehawk Member

United States
    So... does the microsd even show up on the pc? Or is the icon there, but when you click on it, it doesn't open up?

3. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
  4. Tokiopop

Member Tokiopop Caffeine fiend

United Kingdom
    Kingston have a life time warranty, and SanDisk have a 10 year warranty. If you got either of these, you're in luck. If you didn't get a well known make, what the hell were you thinking?

If possible, just send it off for a new one, since it is most probably broken.

You could try formatting it with the Panasonic formatter on your, or another PC.

5. triassic911

Member triassic911 Burst Mode

United States
    Have you tried other usb readers?

6. azorpatch
    OP

Newcomer azorpatch Member

Mexico
    I haven't tried another reader, but I have tried other PCs. I can see it as F: or whatever leter is available on PCs but I can't read it and it won't let me format it. Not even with the SD formatter.