TEMPORARY MODE ENABLED
New posts, edits, and any changes will not be saved during the transition period.
Registrations are temporarily disabled until the migration is complete.

1. lancetj

OP lancetj Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I posted about this in the main forum but figured I would make a thread here to ask this specifically.

My CycloDS died a few months ago. It was extremely sudden. I was playing a game on it without issue, as I had for about a decade, then had to turn off my DS to switch it to my DS lite (there was a power outage at the time and my DS was almost out of battery). I put it in the lite, and now it's not recognized. The DS is acting like there isn't even a card in slot 1.

So I try my original DS, same thing, not recognized. Since then, it has not been recognized by either of my DSes, despite never having any issue with that before.

Is there anything specific I could try to attempt a fix, or is it that the chips are just fried? That it happened so suddenly and has not been recognized since suggests to me that it's truly dead. Anyone with a second opinion to offer is welcome, thanks!

2. sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein There's hope for a Xenosaga port.

Germany
    Sure it is not a contact problem / card contact oxidation?
    Those can be "fixed" by cleaning the tracks with alcohol, or slightly rubbing them, and sometimes by putting some extra material to increase pressure on contacts, e.g. a piece of folded paper between the card and the DS slot to push the card tracks harder into the slot contacts.

3. lancetj

OP lancetj Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Positive it isn't a contact issue, especially since it worked perfectly until it stopped completely. Cleaning was also the first thing I did when I realized there was a problem.

4. Momoro

Momoro The Dark One

United States
    Exact same thing happened to my R4 3DS Gold Pro 2019 edition. It died..

Saddest day of my life.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - apparently, Diagnosis, CycloDS