Hacking My CycloDS apparently died. Diagnosis?

lancetj

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I posted about this in the main forum but figured I would make a thread here to ask this specifically.

My CycloDS died a few months ago. It was extremely sudden. I was playing a game on it without issue, as I had for about a decade, then had to turn off my DS to switch it to my DS lite (there was a power outage at the time and my DS was almost out of battery). I put it in the lite, and now it's not recognized. The DS is acting like there isn't even a card in slot 1.

So I try my original DS, same thing, not recognized. Since then, it has not been recognized by either of my DSes, despite never having any issue with that before.

Is there anything specific I could try to attempt a fix, or is it that the chips are just fried? That it happened so suddenly and has not been recognized since suggests to me that it's truly dead. Anyone with a second opinion to offer is welcome, thanks!

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sure it is not a contact problem / card contact oxidation?
Those can be "fixed" by cleaning the tracks with alcohol, or slightly rubbing them, and sometimes by putting some extra material to increase pressure on contacts, e.g. a piece of folded paper between the card and the DS slot to push the card tracks harder into the slot contacts.

lancetj

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Positive it isn't a contact issue, especially since it worked perfectly until it stopped completely. Cleaning was also the first thing I did when I realized there was a problem.

Momoro

The Dark One
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Positive it isn't a contact issue, especially since it worked perfectly until it stopped completely. Cleaning was also the first thing I did when I realized there was a problem.

Exact same thing happened to my R4 3DS Gold Pro 2019 edition. It died..

Saddest day of my life.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, no sabría cómo decirte