Hacking My cheat Y Button slot doesnt show up.

m1sticdragon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People, i need help. When i downloaded Narins Latest cheat database. 03_04_09_All.zip, i dragged all the files in it to my R4 System. Then i ejected my R4 and Minichip usb and i scrolled down to my both patched, and unpatched version, and they didnt have the Cheats (Y) button in the bottom of it. Wtf, how do i fix this, the Narin cheat database said it had Ragnarok Online DS (J) in it.

D

Deleted User

On the R4 only a certain amount of cheats can be loaded (don't know how many though).

cheats.gbatemp.net said:
There is a problem with some flashcards such as the R4DS and all of its clones (M3 Simply, N5DS, ect) which limits the number of cheats that are displayed for games. This means that cheats for games that appear at the end of the cheat file are not displayed, this includes games for The World Ends With You, Yu-Gi-Oh, Trauma Center and others.

You have four options, the first is to get a new flashcard, the second is to delete the games from the cheat file you don't plan to use, the third option is to move the games to the top of the list and the fourth option is to use the CHEAT(UE).DAT file which has all the Japanese cheats removed.

So according to this it may be possible that the Ragnarok Online DS cheats are located at the end of the file.

m1sticdragon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did plan 3, didnt work. Plan 4 doesn't work because I need the cheat for Ragnarok Online DS, Which is a Japanese game. I'll probably not do plan 1. So im on to plan 2 now. How do i delete the games from the cheat file that i dont use?

D

Deleted User

First of all, there's an 'Edit' button for a reason - so don't double post!

Second, there's a link to a tutorial on using R4CCE in the thread I just posted.

D

Deleted User

That's what it says on cheats.gbatemp.net. TBH I never used any cheat files with an R4 so I'm not 100% sure but I guess it should work.

m1sticdragon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So far, it it didnt work for Cheat.Dat It still doesnt have the Y cheats button. Ragnarok Online DS (J) and Codes place holder were the only file there. I saved as, cheat.dat in my desktop, putted it in my R4 System and it still doesnt work. It doesnt show the Cheats (Y) Button. SHT MY BAD. THAT WAS MY PATCHED VERSION. BRB IM GONNA CHECK IT WITH NORMAL VERSION.

TAKESHI THANKS. IT WORKS NOW! A+++

D

Deleted User

Nice! I'm glad I could help.
yaynds.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I was out for most of the afternoon
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and the morning cuz school
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Although tomorrow is Labor Day which means I won't go to class which means I'll sleep well.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    is labor day different in venezuela than in america, or did time skip that far?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I...