Hacking My battery is DEAD, where can I get a replacement?

poisonjam

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yep, so, I know that supposedly the battery inside your g6lite should charge both when you're playing, and when you leave it in the usb port, however, I'm positive that mine is dead.

If i restart the system immediately after I'm done with a game, I will get the data processing screen that backs up the save, however, if I let it go for more than maybe 10 minutes before rebooting, the save file will be lost. Obviously I play my system a lot, so if that charges it, it would be fine by now, Also, I've tried leaving it in the usb connector overnight, 10 hours or so at a time, and still, the battery wont last more than a few minutes before losing the save.

Everything else with my g6lite works perfectly, and it wasn't until about a week ago that the battery started crapping out, (and I've had mine since the end of July). I'm sure the battery just needs replacing, does anyone out there know where I can find a replacement? Perhaps one that doesn't recharge, I'd rather just use a normal battery that lasts 2 years or so, Like my old Xrom had, rather than a rechargable one, when god knows how long that will actually last. Thanks a lot for your help.

Deaddy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
At least I think the G6 lite's battery is pretty visible so maybe you can tell what kind of replacement it would require, as opposed to the sealed carts where you have no idea what's in there unless you crack it open. Good luck figuring it out, maybe you can post the solution if you find one.

TheSpade

Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried leaving your G6 charging via USB for a few hours? According to the manufacturer, the battery is rechargable. Perhaps yours wasn't given much life from the factory. As for a replacement, if it has only been a week and recharging doesn't help, then contact the reseller to secure a replacement.

poisonjam

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Have you tried leaving your G6 charging via USB for a few hours? According to the manufacturer, the battery is rechargable. Perhaps yours wasn't given much life from the factory. As for a replacement, if it has only been a week and recharging doesn't help, then contact the reseller to secure a replacement.

Yep, as i said in my first post, i've tried charging it in the usb connector overnight, and i've had it since late july, so it's obviously been much longer than a week.

Lazycus

Rotten
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The G6Lite battery is a Panasonic CL1220 rechargeable lithium-ion battery. If yours is dead already you should ask for a G6Lite replacement. Or go ahead and try and replace it yourself and document your procedure so we know what to do in 4-5 years when they all start failing. Thanks in advance!
grog.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sjy9nc5QwBY